Super Contributor

Well, I bet that explains the big changes in my local Kohl's.  I was just there for a return and noticed the entire Beauty and Jewelry area was under complete overhaul.  I didn't see any signs explaining why, but I'm not the most observant shopper!  This was the first time I've see my Kohl's not crammed to the gills with clothes.  Historically it's always been so packed it's hard to shop.  I just assumed they were making adjustments to account for less inventory due to shortages/shipping issues, or even just reducing the in-store inventory overall.  I think the pandemic changed retail permanently and stores will look different going forward.

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

I was happy to hear about this as I have a Kohl's close by and the closest Sephora is a 30 minute drive.  I don't shop in Kohl's much, but I will definitely check it out once my store has it.

I also read that Ulta is going to be inside Target.  I know some of the Target stores near me have really spruced up their cosmetics area and they're quite nice.  I assume this just means they'll be some high end products added as Target already sells a lot of what you can find in Ulta.

I haven't been in a Sephora/Ulta for months so not sure if they still don't have testers.  Looking forward to the day when you can swatch stuff in stores and when you can get samples again from Sephora.

Target and Ulta 2 places I go into that never have full shelves of anything that's a good match 

Honored Contributor

I haven't been in my Sephora store since covid and my problem hit about the same time.  I hope they don't move to Target.  That's another 15 minutes (or more) to the other side of town and I'm sure the store will be smaller.

Honored Contributor

...and Ulta is moving into Target Smiley Surprised  I read somewhere that the Ulta or Sephora stores (within a store) will be 1000 sq feet.  That is TINY Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I have not shopped in Kohls for several years but Sephora use to be in JCPenney until numerous closing of JCP.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear That's always been a big problem for me at the Ulta stores around me.  It's very frustrating.  It's even worse nowadays.  Their available in store inventory is always off too.  More than once I've made a special trip because they said something was in stock at the store and it's not there.  I hardly bother going inside an Ulta anymore and order everything online.

I have three Targets within 20 minutes of me and two of them are usually well stocked and the other one isn't.  The two that already have a revamped beauty dept are better stocked than the one that hasn't been.  At least their store inventory online is usually pretty accurate.

I think Sephora is the best as far as usually being well stocked.  The only ones near me are all in cities and none are really close unfortunately.  I buy almost 100% of my Sephora stuff online.  I'm curious to see how good the selection is within Kohls.

Super Contributor

Yes, I am very excited.  The Sephora at  Kohl's in Paramus, N J  will have a soft opening on August !6th and grand opening on the 20th.  I  was shopping there last Friday for Friends and Family and it looks like the Sephora  is coming along nicely.  I liked shopping in the Sephora in J C Penny at the Garden State Plaza, but that J C Penny closed. I find it quieter than the bigger Sephoras.  They are too loud for me.  There is also a Kohl's in Ramsey, N J that will open it's Sephora August 6th.  This will be convenient, if I need something at Kohl's and Sephora, it will be one stop.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kohl's/Sephora

[ Edited ]

I had no idea-- thanks.

Honored Contributor

I already have a small Sephora within 10 minutes of my house, and 2 Ultas, one within 10 minutes in the same complex of buildings and the other about 15 minutes away in a Target Shopping Center complex, but it is it's own store.  I would not go to Kohls to shop at Sephora or to Target to shop at Ulta.  My Kohls is probably about 10 minutes away too, just in a different direction. I was in my little Sephora a couple of weeks ago, but they didn't have what I wanted, so had to order online.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

In my local paper today, it's say that Sephora will now be at our Kohl's and they will be expanding the line in a few hundred Kohl's locations. It will replace whatever Kohl's carries now in their beauty department. Anyone have this yet in their Kohl's?

In Reno Sephora is located inside of penneys