Regular Contributor

Know of Sunscreen for Face without Dimethicone?

Hi--I have been looking for a sunscreen for my face without Dimethicone in it and also for sensitive skin. Anyone have any suggestions? Dimethicone and silicone make me break out. I've been searching on line but haven't found any. Your help is much appreciated. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Know of Sunscreen for Face without Dimethicone?

Ask your dermatologist.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't use anything on my face with -cone in it.  Juice Beauty has tinted, oil free, and sports sunscreen all with SPF 30.  None of their products have any type of silicone. 

Beekman 1802 Triple Milk Primer for the face is SPF 35.  No -cone in it, and I got it on HSN. 

There are others that I have tried, but they leave a white film on the face.  The above are the best I've used.

Respected Contributor

elta MD UV clear broad spectrum spf 46. Love this stuff order from the Dermstore.

Honored Contributor

I use 100% zinc-

I found it in clear last year in Walmart.-this one was like a thick lotion and a little hard to put on. You had to rub it in but it was eventually clear.

Also Goddess Garden organics-sport natural mineral sunscreen spf 30--the active ingredient is zinc oxide. the inactive ingredients are a bunch of herbs.also found in WalmartSmiley HappyIt is a spray and easy to use.

note: many of the chemical ingredients in many sunscreens have been shown to cause cancer. Even in the baby and children's sunscreens there are unhealthy ingredients. That makes me so mad that these things are still on the shelves.

Zinc is the best to use if you can find it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for recommending the products. I will check them out.Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion. I will check it out. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Elta MD SPF 41.  It is slightly tinted.  I have really sensitive skin and I don't have problems with this sunscreen.

Valued Contributor

@donniesmom  DERMALOGICA (sp?) has a quality plain sunscreen lotion, my small bottle (fo rmy face) has lasted years. SPF 35 I think.  Seems pricey but a lil' dab'll do ya.  No color, the white disappears.  They know their skincare!

Frequent Contributor

According to the Mayo Clinic, a good rule of thumb is to toss sunscreen after 3 years.