Valued Contributor

Kits And Sets - No Thank You!

You know what I have a drawer full of and have absolutely no need for? Black mascara, black eyeliner and my lips entered the room 2 minutes before I did red lipstick. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kits And Sets - No Thank You!

I gave up sets long ago.  it's cheaper for me to buy the one item I like in the kit.

Esteemed Contributor

@grammarqueen

That is so funny. I was just going through my stash and I probably tossed at least 6 of each of those...and another six cream-colored eyeshadows.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

For me the lip colors are either too light or too dark.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

My biggest problem are the brownish-tinted lipsticks and the brownish pink blushes..... they make me look dirty.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I have learned not to buy kits a while ago. Too many things I do not like. I buy the large size of what I use.

Respected Contributor

I think kits are a good way to try a lot of different items.  However, you do end up with some duds that you don't use.  For me, that would be lip gloss.  It either ends up being sticky and gooey or it makes my lips tingle too much.  When I buy kits it is usally to try a new line or because the value of the things I know I will use from the kit is better than buying the products by themselves.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy many kits.  If I do it  would be for my granddaughter.  She worships all things make-up.  I do wear mascara and I line the inner rim of my eye.  I like darker lipstick.  I don't leave the house without eye make-up and dressed right.  Just me, I do it for me to make me feel better.

Those kits have stuff in them I don't use.  Like many of you I have huge TUBS of that stuff.  One day I just need to throw it all away because I don't use any of it.  My favorite eyeliner is IT (waterproof) and Maybelline mascara (used it for many, many years).

I do enjoy watching SOME Laura Geller.  She seems genuine.  

Esteemed Contributor

I use to buy sets but I ended up with drawer fulls of make-up that I never used. I must have two drawers filled with Bare Minerals eyeshadow. I have Tarte and some products from IT. I do not wear much make-up since I have retired so I do not need to add to my collection. I tried Laura Geller and I did not care for her line. I wish they would bring Tarte back.

Super Contributor

I typically gift or ebay what I don't want out of the kits.