Valued Contributor

Kinda a silly Philosophy question

I really don't want the huge 3 in 1 shower gel in our shower, and like a lot of scents that are only offered in 16 oz. bottle; HOWEVER, I want a pump for ease of use in those smaller bottles.  Does anyone happen to know if the pumps from Bath and Body Works liquid soaps might fit and work in the Philosophy 16 oz. shower gels?  Or any other good ideas?

Honored Contributor

Re: Kinda a silly Philosophy question

[ Edited ]

I don't know.but why not just pour into the hand wash bottle?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

I bought some inexpensive clear plastic pump bottles from Amazon. They were sold in a set of 5 or 6. They also came with labels. I use them for shampoo, body wash and conditioner in the shower. They come in various sizes and they fit in my hanging shower caddy. 

Trusted Contributor

I use philosophy shower gels as hand wash at my kitchen and spare bath sink. I transfer the shower gel from the big bottles in to old "Soft Soap" pump bottles. But I am guessing that a Bath and Body Works bottle/foaming hand wash bottle could work too. I have Bath and Body works in my bathroom, so I will try it once the bottle is finished.  

Respected Contributor

@just wonder: Check out www.bathandbodyworks.com . Lots of choices there. Plus, the semi-annual sale is still going on. 

Honored Contributor

Philosophy has lost its integrity with me, way too many chemicals and all those artificial dyes. But, I do have some to use up, I have one of the 32 oz ones and just pour the 16 oz ones in there. Years ago Phil. CS was iond enough to send me a 16oz pump, it was horrible and never worked. 

Respected Contributor

I like foaming soap. I mix half Philosophy shower gel and half water together in an old B&BW foaming hand wash bottle. It’s easy.
Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I use philosophy shower gels as hand wash at my kitchen and spare bath sink. I transfer the shower gel from the big bottles in to old "Soft Soap" pump bottles. But I am guessing that a Bath and Body Works bottle/foaming hand wash bottle could work too. I have Bath and Body works in my bathroom, so I will try it once the bottle is finished.  

@FlyersGirl 

@FlyersGirl 

I do the same thing, transfer the shower gel from the 32 oz bottles to old Soft Soap pump bottles. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thank everyone.  Guess that's a better idea than trying to use the pump and y'all have answered my concerns if Philosophy is too thick for those pumps.  I love the Orange Cocoa Cream and those mega duos sure are a good deal.  Actually I am just about to finish a 32 oz Philosophy with pump so I'll use that bottle!

Respected Contributor

If it’s too thick, add some water.