Valued Contributor

Kind if suspicious email I got today from "Tweak'd"

Yesterday I ordered that tub of moisturizing clay from QVC. Free S&H and a code scrolling on home page said 20% off using this code, I used it but it actually only took $5.00 off, not 20% of purchase price ($40) which would have been $8. 1/2 hour later it was processing and said no changes can be made i.e. cancel,

Anyway today in my emails was an email from Tweak'd saying that they are a runaway success at both QVC and HSN so you can now order at their website and get free S&H and provided a link, which I did not click on. The email had no images or company graphics and looked like someone saw that I bought the product from QVC and sent me an email like that so I would give them credit card info,

What do you think about that? Smam? Hacked into my QVC account? Not sure, 

Oh, and I'll have to call CS today and find out why I didn't get the 20% off that was advertised with their code. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kind if suspicious email I got today from "Tweak'd"

@PinkSunsetScary.  I've not been shopping for a while (moving and there's already too much to pack!)  but I never remember QVC using any codes.  

Did they start that when they changed the account pages or could even the first email have been a scam somehow?

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@PinkSunsetScary.  I've not been shopping for a while (moving and there's already too much to pack!)  but I never remember QVC using any codes.  

Did they start that when they changed the account pages or could even the first email have been a scam somehow?

seems like it was one day only and scrolled at the top of the page. maybe someone made a mistake and to rectify it they gave $5.00? IDK. I emailed CS to find out 

Respected Contributor

Hi, Pink Sunset, I'm strictly a Wen girl by choice.  I've been a Wen girl for ten years now and I'm still just as happy with Wen now as I was the first time I tried it.  I use Wen for cleansing, my leave in stuff, well, I guess you get the drill.  Anyway, I had on the QVC/HSN channel, I think it's their sister station, maybe not but anyway I was working around the kitchen with it on and the vendor that sells the Tweaked By Nature guy was on.  He was showing the models' hair and did the same thing Chaz does.  He used his stuff on half the models head, you know, on some of them.  Well, it perked my interest.  I stopped what I was doing and the TV had my full attention.  I saw how well it worked.  He was demonstrating the shampoo.  Well, since I don't want to use anything to cleanse but Wen I thought......this "Tweaked" must have a blow dry spray.  I looked and it did.  I ordered it.  When it got here, I just spritzed round my head while my hair was damp from cleansing.  NOT soaking wet, just damp.  I blew it dry.  I don't use REALLY hot air, just warm to cold for 15 to 20 minutes.  I don't flat iron.  Anyway, when I was done, I thought, OH, you gotta be kiddin' me.  My hair was amazing UNTIL I cleansed it the next day.  I thought, okay, this must be a fluke.  I used it again and again and same results.  Now, that said.  Because of sheer numbers of people, we all like our hair to be different ways.  I like my hair like a Japanese lady.  That's just what bakes my potato.  Some like tons of volume, some like it pin straight, some very curly and wavy.  Anyway, I got only one bottle of this stuff.  I looked to get another and I found a duo for even less than what I paid for the one!  On easy pay too!  I grabbed that.  Okay, to sum it up I made a review telling this vendor that they DO in fact have a great product.  I also believe it's flying off the shelves.  I'm VERY fussy and I love it. 

NOW, I would NEVER click in a link in an email.  Yes, it could be someone tracking you.  We are all tracked when we go on line unless you buy special soft ware and you may need some hard ware too, to at least curtail it or stop it.  What you could do is go to their web site on your own.  Just type in the site in the URL yourself so that you don't have to click in any link in an email.  That will not do any harm.  Ask them your questions and I'm sure they'll answer you.  Tell them that you don't click on any links.  I was supposed to get my one bottle of the stuff I ordered on easy pay and I'm not really sure if I did.  I'm not that concerned about it so I didn't do an indepth check on that.  I noticed that QVC changed their site when you check out.  It's actually better.  I think it's better in that it's not all over the place.  Kind of neater.  It's very wise of you to be on your toes about emails.

Frequent Contributor

yangya

Can I bother you for the name of that spray :-)

QVC Customer Care

Hi @PinkSunset I am sorry that happened. I forwarded your post to our Phishing Department and they would like to look into this for you.

The team would like to know if the you had visited the vendor’s website around the time of purchase (perhaps to compare price?) and alsocouold you download the email you received and send it to me to forward to the team internally.  Here are instructions for the you to download and send the email as an attachment--

Thank you so much

To download the email:

1. On your computer, go to Gmail.
  2. Open the email.
  3. Click More .
  4. Click Download message.

To attach and send the email:

1. Click Compose.
  2. At the bottom, click Attach files .
  3. Select the file and click Open.
  4. Click Send.
QVC Customer Care

I am so sorry @PinkSunset please email the information to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Honored Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

Hi, Pink Sunset, I'm strictly a Wen girl by choice.  I've been a Wen girl for ten years now and I'm still just as happy with Wen now as I was the first time I tried it.  I use Wen for cleansing, my leave in stuff, well, I guess you get the drill.  Anyway, I had on the QVC/HSN channel, I think it's their sister station, maybe not but anyway I was working around the kitchen with it on and the vendor that sells the Tweaked By Nature guy was on.  He was showing the models' hair and did the same thing Chaz does.  He used his stuff on half the models head, you know, on some of them.  Well, it perked my interest.  I stopped what I was doing and the TV had my full attention.  I saw how well it worked.  He was demonstrating the shampoo.  Well, since I don't want to use anything to cleanse but Wen I thought......this "Tweaked" must have a blow dry spray.  I looked and it did.  I ordered it.  When it got here, I just spritzed round my head while my hair was damp from cleansing.  NOT soaking wet, just damp.  I blew it dry.  I don't use REALLY hot air, just warm to cold for 15 to 20 minutes.  I don't flat iron.  Anyway, when I was done, I thought, OH, you gotta be kiddin' me.  My hair was amazing UNTIL I cleansed it the next day.  I thought, okay, this must be a fluke.  I used it again and again and same results.  Now, that said.  Because of sheer numbers of people, we all like our hair to be different ways.  I like my hair like a Japanese lady.  That's just what bakes my potato.  Some like tons of volume, some like it pin straight, some very curly and wavy.  Anyway, I got only one bottle of this stuff.  I looked to get another and I found a duo for even less than what I paid for the one!  On easy pay too!  I grabbed that.  Okay, to sum it up I made a review telling this vendor that they DO in fact have a great product.  I also believe it's flying off the shelves.  I'm VERY fussy and I love it. 

NOW, I would NEVER click in a link in an email.  Yes, it could be someone tracking you.  We are all tracked when we go on line unless you buy special soft ware and you may need some hard ware too, to at least curtail it or stop it.  What you could do is go to their web site on your own.  Just type in the site in the URL yourself so that you don't have to click in any link in an email.  That will not do any harm.  Ask them your questions and I'm sure they'll answer you.  Tell them that you don't click on any links.  I was supposed to get my one bottle of the stuff I ordered on easy pay and I'm not really sure if I did.  I'm not that concerned about it so I didn't do an indepth check on that.  I noticed that QVC changed their site when you check out.  It's actually better.  I think it's better in that it's not all over the place.  Kind of neater.  It's very wise of you to be on your toes about emails.

@77yangya . What was the name of the spray you used and liked? Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@vonIam @CANDLEQUEEN I'm going to take a guess here and say @77yangya is talking about the Tweak'd Revitalizing Treatment Mist. I spritz it on my damp hair before any styling products and diffuse drying. I love it. Highly recommend.

Valued Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

I am so sorry @PinkSunset please email the information to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

thanks, I have forwarded the email I received to your social team