Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel Hover Cover Foundation

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@tsavorite, I'm not generally a lipliner person either.   But if you think the gloss doesn't have enough color, try using the liner over your entire lip, then adding the gloss. 

That’s what I do.  I don’t fill the lip completely, just color a little and then smudge throughout the entire lip. Follow with the gloss.  Beautiful result.  I’m going to get more of these lip kits. 

Trusted Contributor

I have really enjoyed reading all the positive reviews.  I cant wait to play with my kit!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I finally received mine.  I do like it, but it seems to make my (old) skin look very dry.  None of my other foundations do this.  Anyone else notice this?    I, of course, use a daytime moisturizer under it and no powder over it.    Wonder if the color is too light for me?  

Super Contributor

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the packaging. When I first pulled it out of the shipping envelope, I was really surprised at how cheap the packaging seems. I know to most people it’s all about the product, but the packaging is the first impression and it was disappointing.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StillRachB wrote:
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the packaging. When I first pulled it out of the shipping envelope, I was really surprised at how cheap the packaging seems. I know to most people it’s all about the product, but the packaging is the first impression and it was disappointing.

And here I liked the simple pretty bag it came in!  We are all so different.  I also liked that is small and not some giant oversized box like IT Cosmetics has sent me before....I can recycle the plastic insert easily.  

Also mine came in a cardboard envelope....totally protected not a soft packaging material.

Frequent Contributor

@Daysdee I ordered two colors on auto delivery and cancelled both. My daughter and I weren’t wowed by anything but the brush. We can’t get the foundation to stay on no matter what we use. The eyeshadow slips and slides and has too much glitter. The mascara smudges and the lip products have their problems. I should have known better.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstick1   Mine may be a return too.  At first I thought it looked good, but by afternoon I think it shows every line in my face.  I have returned an item of hers before and I should have known.  Wanted to like this, but don't think I do.  Since I am going to be home this a.m., I think I'll try it on half my face and another foundation I have on half and look at it by a window in the sunlight.  (if we get any today)  Thanks for your reply.  I hate when I fall for something and am disappointed.  I had already cancelled my AD when they said the next kit would be the same.  Even if  I loved it,  I would never need more in a few months.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@beauty0125   Make sure you wear an SPF moisturizer underneath the foundation and you will be fine.  Also, I own a spray SPF which I absolutely love.

@Katcat1  - What is the name of the spray SPF and where did you purchase?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To those of you who are having trouble with the foundation lasting, consider what you may be applying to your face beforehand.  It's very possible that oil type ingredients in your skincare (moisturizer or SPF) could be affecting the foundation, to make it break down.  This is a common problem with foundations and skincare. I had great results with the foundation the first day - tried in the afternoon and it lasted until bedtime.  The next day I applied it in the AM after doing skincare with a heavier type moisturizer I'm testing.  The foundation broke down much too soon, like before lunchtime.  To me, that says to use a lighter moisturizer under it, or maybe even none, if you can. I'm still experimenting with application methods such as with or without a primer, and even different primers, leaving a little more time for skincare to penetrate before doing makeup, etc. Not everything works exactly the same for every person, there's sometimes a learning curve on how to make things work for you. This doesn't change my mind about the foundation at all.  I'm still glad I got this kit on A/D.

As for the packaging, I thought it was fine.  The packaging was shown during the demos so it was no surprise.  All of the components were secure and I actually appreciated that there was less waste and it was easier to dispose of.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@StillRachB wrote:

And here I liked the simple pretty bag it came in!  We are all so different.  I also liked that is small and not some giant oversized box like IT Cosmetics has sent me before....I can recycle the plastic insert easily.  

Also mine came in a cardboard envelope....totally protected not a soft packaging material.

@tsavoriteI felt the same way.  I thought the bag was pretty and not overdone.  Mine bag with the products was inside a box, not another QVC plastic bag.  The products were in a plastic insert which were then inside the Belle bag.  

I don't need more boxed up beauty products.  I toss the boxes anyhow.