Honored Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel Hover Cover Foundation

May 14--no TSV yet!    (I've ordered from other websites way after this order and have my items already.)

Trusted Contributor

Hang in there...I ordered mine late in the day and I rec'd it yesterday.  I live in a suburb of Chicago...

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MrsCat21 wrote:

Hang in there...I ordered mine late in the day and I rec'd it yesterday.  I live in a suburb of Chicago...

Then your saying there's a chance!  Maybe tomorrow mine will show up....not showing as at my local post office which is a bad signSmiley Sad

Just got mine in the mail today 5/15.....I ordered fair....comparing to the fair color of IT Cosmetics it is a touch more lighter and perhaps warmer.  It is not as neutral as theirs just to give people an idea of color undertone.  Of course it's too late in the day for me to try out...been up with foundation on since 7am!  

I will give it a go tomorrow...if the color works that's would be a great start.  But then I must wear it all day and see if I have any "burning" reactions to it (I have rosacea) and also how does it hold up.  Does it turn greasy after several hours? does it separate on my face or the dreaded filled up pores look!

Will report back....at least I finally got it!

Honored Contributor

I used everything this morning for the first time.  I am undecided about whether to keep or exchange for a darker shade in the foundation.  I am always a medium but this medium is lighter than my Tarte BB cream which is what I am using now.  

I love the foundation on my face so far.  I've had it on since about 7:15 this morning. No color change, no greasy or oily breakthrough and no drying or cakey look or feel.  The only thing is, I think it might be a little too light for me but I'm thinking the next darker may be too dark.

I love the eyeshadow pencils. The colors are absolutely gorgeous and look very nice on my green eyes.  They seem to make my eye color pop.  I also really like the mascara, which is the 1 product I was sure I'd dislike because I'm old school when it comes to my wand.  

I also love the lipgloss.  The color is beautiful.  If I had one minor complaint, it would be that the gloss smells like play-doh.  

Trusted Contributor

I was so tempted by the tsv, but I really only wanted the foundation. Glad to hear it's a good one and I'll watch for it to be sold alone. Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Finally got my TSV early this afternoon (May 15).  I was staying home all day so I just did my morning routine without any foundation.  I applied the foundation this afternoon.  I have the fair and it does seem a little lighter than other brands  I have in fair.  However, it is the exact color of my neck and about the same as my face.   After  I had it on a while, I applied a little more just to double check it.  I think the smaller amount looked better.  I'll apply it first thing tomorrow morning and see how it lasts all day.  I did like the brush.  I have to try to shadows, etc. tomorrow also.   Also bought the set of 4 eyeliners.  Colors are pretty, but I need work on how to apply them.  They seemed hard to apply and to get any color payoff, it made the line too thick.

Honored Contributor

My delivery was delayed due to my order going to an incorrect post office and had to be rerouted. I’m just glad it got here because I love the TSV. The brush applied the foundation beautifully. The foundation covered beautifully and had a really nice finish. Dare I say my foundation search is over? I’ll know better when I test it for a full day and also in hot weather. I don’t normally use stick cream eyeshadows but I kinda like these and can see myself using them for a quick look. The lip liner and gloss shade is right up my alley! I didn’t try the mascara, going to wait on that for now. I’m really glad I ordered on A/D.

I also purchased the set of eyeliners but haven’t played with them yet.
Honored Contributor

I definitely need to exchange my kit for the medium tan foundation.  The medium is just too light for me.  I was reading reviews and there are a lot of complaints about broken pumps on the foundation so I'm a little afraid to make the exchange but I guess if it doesn't work, I exchange again.  LOL

However, I do love, love, love this foundation.  I apply a very thin layer because I don't have much to cover right now but that isn't always the case.  I like how this has buildable coverage.  I wore it all day yesterday and didn't remove it until around 9:00 last night and it still looked perfect.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried mine out today....Fair....since I have rosacea I did use abit more then others here mostly likely would.  I did apply my normal skincare then spf....allowed that to sink in for awhile then applied foundation.  So far so good...the coverage was very good....didn't need to use alot at all.  I did put on my IT Bye Bye Redness powder ligthly over top then the IT bronzer.  Tried the shadow sticks...love both colors on...makes my green eyes look brighter.  Mascara is really good....love the brush.  NO clumping or fall out thus far and I wear contacts so that would be a issue for me right away.  

Lip gloss did have a odd smell at first but fades away quickly.  Color is very faint...wish it had more color to be honest.  I forgot to try the lip liner....I don't usually use one...will try it tomorrow but I bet it's gonna be just fine.

Over all I am very happy with the entire kit which has NEVER happened to me before! 

I also think what I use under this foundation will determine how well it wears for me.  I will try my other spf product tomorrow.

I'd rate this kit 5 stars at this point. 

One more thing....no burning reaction at all....with the IT line the CC cream within minutes I get awful burning...can't use any of their foundations.  As long as this one doesn't cause acne (won't know for another few days) then it is a winner!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite, I'm not generally a lipliner person either.   But if you think the gloss doesn't have enough color, try using the liner over your entire lip, then adding the gloss.