Super Contributor

Re: Kim Gravel Hover Cover Foundation

I just recieved my kit yesterday and....I love it all. The foundation covers my rosacea easily, feels like nothing on my skin, didn't fall into my lines and wrinkles, not shiny, but moisturizing, the mascara? not a spider lash or clump anywhere to be found, wished the lipstick and liner were a little bit more on the nude side, but it still worked and didn't leave my lips dry, the eyeshadow sticks? I didn't think I would like them, thought they would be too glittery on my 70 year old eyes, but they worked!! There was nothing in this kit I didn't love. I ordered the medium because summer is on the way...in winter fair will probaly be what I get. I will say, the foundation has a yellow undertone, but once on,  it doesn't leave that slightly yellow look on my skin. It seems to morph right in.

Honored Contributor

Mon., May 13 and I still haven't received my Hover Cover Foundation TSV.  I ordered it on the day of the TSV.    

Super Contributor

For me I loved it but the light was a little too yellow for my skin so i am trading it in for the fair. but love the coverage

Honored Contributor

I received mine yesterday but didn't open it this morning and didn't have time to play.  I did put a little foundation on the back of my hand and spread it out.  It isn't cakey or thick at all.  I ordered the medium and would say it's more yellow undertoned which works for me.

I can't wait to try everything on my face.    

Honored Contributor

I ordered the TSV and it's due for delivery today.  I struggled a little with choosing a shade, going back and forth between light and medium.  Kim said not to fuss since it's a good blend for everyone, not too pink, not too yellow.  Based on the listing text where it described the shades based on how skin reacted to the sun, I ended up choosing medium.  I've been second guessing myself, wondering if I should have gone with light.  Too late now.  I'll see what it's like and exchange if I have to.

Honored Contributor

I still haven't received mine (it's May 14).  I too was wondering about the shades.  I had ordered light, but changed it to fair.   I can handle a little yellow, but not too much.  I hope I selected the correct shade.  Again, the demos were not good and they should have shown the colors on a model's arm.  The photos to choose from were not good at all either.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee 

Kim finally did show swatches on her arm. Maybe someone on her team finally read all the requests and complaints on the board. I don't recall exactly which airing she demo'd the shades but it was well into the tsv day. I did see the swatches again when Shawn hosted, later. Also a darker complected model swatched the colors on her arm too. Imo, there was not enough time given to this, nor was it repeated in the presentations I saw. I struggled with a shade choice myself (light or medium?) As a result did not order. I did purchase the new eyeliner color quad and like the shades ALOT! Also picked up the new lipstick trio, hmmm, just mediocre . But have enjoyed her Kisser Fixer trios. HTH 

I hope your fair shade works well for you.

Honored Contributor

@rochelleS  Thanks.  I missed that.  I also ordered the eyeliner quad, but haven't received it yet.  Haven't received the TSV either.  Anxious to try it.  I was tempted by the lipstick trio, but didn't order.

Respected Contributor

5/14 and still not here!  I ordered fair....I heard Kim say not yellow not pink....so to my understanding that should mean neutral undertone.  I sure hope that is what the undertone is or I am in big trouble and there is no other option I could try.  

Having very fair skin with rosacea a neutral undertone cancels the redness out....I use revlon presently and it works great but I was hoping her foundation and kit would be even better.  

Who knows when I'll get the order....like everyone else I ordered at 10am the day of the TSV!  Seems like weeks ago to me

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee  Maybe there's a utube video that shows the arm swatches. I haven't looked. Those photos of color choices are not helpful at all. 

I hope you like the eyeliners as much as I do. Btw, the bright green is not bright but a beautiful shade of a grayish khaki-olive green. Very pretty. You saved some $ with the lipsticks. I love my lippies, and would be hard pressed to recommend these. Very waxy, leaves a ring around my lips. Colors are just ok, no big excitement there either.