Trusted Contributor

Kim; Belle Beauty Shadow Sticks

I really like Kim and her line.  I'd really like a Semi Shimmer stick. The Shadow Sticks sticks stay in place for hours, easily application, although they can be too dry for me,, and the colors are great.
 However, I cannot wear them due to too much shimmer.  I'm in my early sixties, If you have lid crepiness the glow, shimmer, whatever it is, enhance lines and folds.

Please bring Shadow Sticks with less shimmer, matte, but matte can give negative results too for older eyes, so a little shimmer- Semi Shimmer, if you will.

I would love colors in lavender, light peachy pink, and if these could be used as liner: a medium brown- not brownish black, and burgundy- not plum.

I know I'm not alone with how these look on not so smooth lids, as many  reviews say similar.

I'm looking for sticks that glide easily, not glittery, not too shimmery, give more of a dewey look, and from a Cruelty Free brand. Suggestions appreciated. 

ThanksSmiley Happy

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy
FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: Kim; Belle Beauty Shadow Sticks

Hi @skittles2. Try Laura Mercier Cavier sticks...matte or shimmer and Cover Girl came out w/ a dupe this year. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@skittles2 wrote:

I really like Kim and her line.  I'd really like a Semi Shimmer stick. The Shadow Sticks sticks stay in place for hours, easily application, although they can be too dry for me,, and the colors are great.
 However, I cannot wear them due to too much shimmer.  I'm in my early sixties, If you have lid crepiness the glow, shimmer, whatever it is, enhance lines and folds.

Please bring Shadow Sticks with less shimmer, matte, but matte can give negative results too for older eyes, so a little shimmer- Semi Shimmer, if you will.

I would love colors in lavender, light peachy pink, and if these could be used as liner: a medium brown- not brownish black, and burgundy- not plum.

I know I'm not alone with how these look on not so smooth lids, as many  reviews say similar.

I'm looking for sticks that glide easily, not glittery, not too shimmery, give more of a dewey look, and from a Cruelty Free brand. Suggestions appreciated. 

ThanksSmiley Happy

I agree with you 100%. I am in my sixties also and don't like  shimmer. I feel very subtle shimmer will really bring out your eyes but  a lot of shimmer I don't wear at all. Thanks for  your post.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus 

Hi, thanks you for the info.  I used Mercier for years and loved it until I found out it wasn't cruelty free. Very sorry to hear that.... loved her tinited foundation, loose white powder, concealor, lips, and scents, especially creme brulee everything, candles too, and the HONEY WITH THE DIPPER! Loved it.

Frequent Contributor

@skittles2 

You might try Mally Evercolor Shadow Sticks.  She makes them in every color under the rainbow.  You can buy sets of 2, 4 or even larger OR purchase individual sticks.  I have a ton of them and wear them everyday to work.  They are so easy to apply and they stay on all day.  Sometimes I accidently fall asleep with the eye shadow on and its still there the next day!  Some are shimmer and some are matte.  Personally I don't think the shimmer ones are too much.

For Example:  A374665 or A276475

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pancho 

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! I used Mally for a long time  until she stopped being Cruelty Free- sold company/or sold partial shares. b

I loved her brushes, eyeshadows in the green metal pallettes, Shimmer Shape and Glow - blush, shading and highlighter- in the original pink metal rectangle, component, and color sticks. I still have one of the originals in that fabulous taupe!

I feel asleep with the sticks on as well, you're right, my eyes still looked great next morning, I loved that!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 wrote:

@Pancho 

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! I used Mally for a long time  until she stopped being Cruelty Free- sold company/or sold partial shares. b

I loved her brushes, eyeshadows in the green metal pallettes, Shimmer Shape and Glow - blush, shading and highlighter- in the original pink metal rectangle, component, and color sticks. I still have one of the originals in that fabulous taupe!

I feel asleep with the sticks on as well, you're right, my eyes still looked great next morning, I loved that!

@skittles2 Your messages are fun to read! I have an original Mally Shadow Stick in taupe, as well!!