Honored Contributor

Kilian Love Don't Be Shy & Apple Brandy

I am still impatiently waiting for Sephora to get the travel size of these perfumes back in stock.  Meanwhile, has anyone tried them and how did you like them?

Kilian Apple Brandy:

The fresh opening of Apple Brandy on the Rocks unfolds into the perfume's core personality, a distinctive apple brandy accord in which a crisp fruity blend harmonizes with brandy, recreated using notes of rum for the liquor aspect, moss and vanilla. Upon a core structure of cedarwood and ambroxan, the scent carries sophistication into the night. It captures the constant reincarnation and incontestable elegance of the Big Apple, especially that of its legendary nightlife.

Style: Warm, spicy.

Notes:

- Top: bergamot.

- Middle: apple brandy.

- Base: cardamom.

Thanks

KILIAN PARIS Apple Brandy on the Rocks Fragrance, Alternate, color, REFILL

Trusted Contributor

Re: Kilian Love Don't Be Shy & Apple Brandy

@monicakm I have a sample size of the Apple Brandy.  It's very pretty but I think it fades fairly quickly from what I can remember (I haven't worn it in awhile).  I'll try to remember to put it on tomorrow morning and see how long it lasts in case I'm not remembering correctly.  I'll let you know if it lasts longer than I think.

For that price tag, I want my fragrance to last more than a few hours!

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

For that price tag, I want my fragrance to last more than a few hours!

Absolutely!  Do fragrances tend to fade on you somewhat quickly?  Mine used to.  I don't know if I've changed or it's the fragrances I'm using.  I've been really pleased with the lasting power of Kayali perfumes.  My perfumes are not of HIGH quality tho.   I do have some Tom Ford fragrances and Miss Dior but the rest are less expensive.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

Do you get the brandy and rum notes?  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm I sprayed some on after I sent my message and I can still smell it now on my wrist, so it's lasted at least 3 hours so far.  I don't like fragrances that I can smell on myself without trying to.  In other words, I like to be able to smell them if I sniff my wrist, but I don't like to be able to just smell them without trying to.  Usually fragrances like that give me a headache.  I find some last quite a long time on me and others seem to disappear quickly.  Typically I find my higher end fragrances last longer, but that's not always the case.

I'm not great at picking out specific fragrance notes, but it's warm, with a hint of spice, but not that sharpness that some spicy fragrances have.  I think the description is pretty spot on.  I get the brandy/cardamom reference with a tiny hit of sweetness/fruitiness from the bergamot.  I think if the notes sound like something you'd like that you would like this.

Actually now that I've tried this again (and been smelling myself more, lol), I'm definitely more interested in this fragrance than the first couple of times I tried it.  I've always loved warm, spicy fragrances but a lot of them are just too overpowering for me now.  This is mellower in a good way.

I will have to blame you if I now decide I want to buy a full bottle of this Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I don't wear fragrance but my daughter does sometimes and  just bought this at a Sephora when she went out of town as we don't have one.  I don't care for it because it's too heavy. Heavy like Shalimar and Black Opium... gives me a headache. Told her nix it when you plan to come over 😵‍💫

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - Can you order a sample from Ebay?

Trusted Contributor

@bmorechick It's interesting how differently we all react to fragrance.  I can't stand Black Opium or Shalimar because they also give me a headache, but I didn't find this strong at all.  I only could smell it if I held my wrist right up to my nose.  I didn't, however, spray more than a spritz from a sample vial on one wrist.  I'll have to be careful to not spray too much because I really dislike strong, overpowering fragrances.

Honored Contributor

These fragrances finally showed up today.  Would I buy them again?  No.  Will I keep and wear them?  Yes.  Are they like anything I've ever worn before?  No.

I don't know which one I like the best.  It's a draw BUT, the Apple Brandy is already gone.  Maybe lasted an hour??  Love Don't Be Shy is still going strong.  I would have enjoyed layering these but Apple Brandy wouldn't make it much further than out the door.  These were put on dry skin.  If I added them to an unscented lotion they might have lasted longer.  I can't eloquently describe them but Apple Brandy is apple and booze.  I could still smell the apple when it vanished in an hour.  Love Don't Be Shy is sweet, fruity candy-like.  It's hard to believe either of these are $230 to $275!

Apple Brandy would probably be the one I preferred but I'll never know.  Shame.

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

I wish I'd been given the chance to know how I would like it but it was gone in an hour.  Love Don't Be Shy is still viable with just one spritz.  It's growing on me.