Trusted Contributor

Kiko Milano makeup line/stores

Does anyone like the Kiko Milano makeup line?  There were stores in some malls until they filed for bankruptcy 2 months ago and all but 5 stores closed.  The 5 remaining stores are in NYC, Hollywood, Miami, Sunrise, and Las Vegas.  Apparently, the international stores are profitable.

I've tried a few eye shadow and liner products from this line and I really like them.  The prices were reasonable, the quality was good, and they had sales pretty frequently.  I went to do an online order before because they have free shipping with no minimum, but what I wanted is not in stock.  Hopefully, the company as a whole is indeed healthy financially and things will be re-stocked.  Anyone else like this line or disappointed their local store closed?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kiko Milano makeup line/stores

I didn't know they had actual stores - I've never seen one.  I ordered 2 Kiko Milano eye shadow sticks from their website a couple years ago -- really liked them.   They were almost as good as the old Mally eye shadow sticks I still mourn.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo  The Kiko shadow sticks are excellent dupes for Mally's shadow sticks.  Some of the colors are so close I had a hard time telling them apart on the back of my hand.  Except for that darn Taupe shade!  Smiley Mad

Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77- yes, I want a perfect dupe for Mally's original Taupe.  Kiko Milano was the best I found.  At least it wasn't sparkly or shiny and had a hint of gray.   KM also used to have a stick that was an eye shadow on one end, and eyeliner on the other.  Great invention, but I didn't like any of the colors they offered.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo  What color is that shadow stick?  I'll probably have to get that when I run out of my Mally Taupe.  I took that shadow stick around to all the makeup counters and none of them were nearly exact.  I think Bobbi Brown had a close one, but I can't remember the color now.  That means I'll have to go around again.  Haha!  

I like Kiko's Eyetech shadow.  There's a taupe shade, which is not currently on their website and it's such a fantastic shade.  A nice taupe, light in color, but not too light, appropriate for day time, yet still very pretty.  I hope it comes back in stock.  I hope it's not discontinued!  Maybe I'll call them or send an email.  It's hard to find a good taupe shade sometimes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77-- It's #25, Long Lasting Stick.  Can't find a color name on the tube.  Mine's almost gone and I either need to re-order it, or search for something else locally.  If you ever find a dupe for Mally's, let me know.   Thanks!

- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo  Yup, that's the one I have!  It's not similar enough to Mally's for my liking, but it will do.  I think the Bobbi Brown shade I saw was Stone, but I'm not certain.