Super Contributor

anyone use this and like it??? I see the reviews, but I don't think I've seen it mentioned on here before. My 7 year old has very long (almost to waist) thick, wavy hair that tangles so easily. She likes to wash her own hair so we don't use wen cc's often because she needs help when using cc, so she usually uses the ole poo and conditioner so she can wash her own hair independently. Currently we have a professional brand kids spray in detangler we use in the mornings that works just ok, but it smells horrible. Thinking about getting one of the wen detanglers to try out. Any thoughts on this???

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

You can probably teach her how to rinse longer. The WEN Kids line has very kid type scents.

Super Contributor
On 2/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

You can probably teach her how to rinse longer. The WEN Kids line has very kid type scents.

She'll actually use the cc on her own, but her hair is so thick that I really need to be there to help, even though she does most if not all the work. I've tried not being there, and we end up with her head under the sink to re-cleanse. She just can't get her fingers through her hair to get her scalp good and clean when its wet, plus I've found she doesn't use enough cc. If I'm there to guide her it's works great, but she doesn't want my help anymore...she's at that age. We've used the kids - I bought the set of 3 last year when it first came out but my kids prefer the other cc more! They would rather use the pom, lav or seasonals than the kids line! I've been using the kids cc as my first cleanse just to use them all up since they won't...lol!

-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

If she likes the core formula scents better, you might guide her to use a little CC as a leave-in (on wet hair) to help it comb through easier (and use the WEN comb). You could also try using Replenishing Treatment Mist as a detangler.

Respected Contributor

DevaCurl has a detangling spray that works great no matter how the hair is washed.

Respected Contributor
To me, they work just like the replenishing treatment mist.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

my hair has always tangled easily (luckily I got a new cut that has helped with that) and the kids detangler did not help and made my hair feel drier. IMO, there are better detanglers out there.

Super Contributor
On 2/25/2014 HappyDaze said:

my hair has always tangled easily (luckily I got a new cut that has helped with that) and the kids detangler did not help and made my hair feel drier. IMO, there are better detanglers out there.

That's what I've been hearing. I'll prob just save my $ then and keep using the Paul Mitchell kids detangler. I convinced her to cleanse with wen tonight...she of course chose wvm...she knows it's my favorite and said she chose it because when she smells her hair when laying in bed at night it makes her think of me and she feels safe!! So sweet...made me shed a little tear!
-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor
On 2/25/2014 simollie said:
On 2/25/2014 HappyDaze said:

That's what I've been hearing. I'll prob just save my $ then and keep using the Paul Mitchell kids detangler. I convinced her to cleanse with wen tonight...she of course chose wvm...she knows it's my favorite and said she chose it because when she smells her hair when laying in bed at night it makes her think of me and she feels safe!! So sweet...made me shed a little tear!

awww, that is super super cute and touching! What a little sweetie pie and it should make you feel so good to know you make her feel that way. {#emotions_dlg.wub}