Trusted Contributor

Re: Kevyn Aucoin Foundation Balm

@Shelbelle   They were all over the place with the balm foundation presentation.  Really difficult to choose a shade.  The vendor hardly spoke at all and Amy kept saying they were "interchangeable".  I am going to go to Sephora to see it in person...

Honored Contributor

I think eventually I will head to Sephora to look in person, or maybe I will check out the Sephora website. They probably have a better color description! If not I will go in person to take a look.....It does look really interesting!

Honored Contributor

I purchased this based on the word "BALM". HUGE mistake. In my world, "balm" means soothing, hydrating, something for dry skin.

NOT THIS PRODUCT!!

The texture of the product is balm-like: thick and you have to warm it up between your fingers in order to spread it easily (like a balm). However, it sucks the moisture out of dry skin and looks horrible. Every fine line (I mean virtually invisible lines) suddenly are accented and visible lines show up so badly, it looks like your face is cracking. This is HORRIBLE for dry skin. Very dry? Run FAR away (that's me).

They SHOULD name this: Hard to spread foundation that is super matter and great for super oily skin.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you ladies. Plenty of helpful info as always.  I need to go to Sephora or Ulta and check out some foundations. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Beauty youtubers Michele Wang and Mel Thompson both reviewed the new Kevyn Aucoin balm foundation.

Michele who has dry skin did not like this foundation at all. I will bet this foundation ends up on her worst makeup purchases of the year.

Mel Thompson who has combo skin gave this foundation mixed reviews. She also did not think that people with dry skin would like this foundation.

Both women review high end makeup. Michele only reviews luxury makeup while Mel reviews luxury and mid-priced makeup.

Michele's video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2M0zw33Bo

Mel's video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p7mHDvZtx3w

Respected Contributor

@queen75 wrote:

@KCDiva wrote:

Does any one have any experience with this foundation? I am in the need fof a new one.

It's kind of pricey I think. It was on HSN the other nght.  

Amy could not stop raving about it. I am going to check it out at Sephora.

I was watching and Amy was way over the top with everything yesterday.  Talking abou Skinn like its the best thing since sliced bread.  I had to turn her off.

Super Contributor

Amy M. goes crazy over everything she hawks!!! Thats not a great selling point for me!!!