Valued Contributor

Anyone heard of or tried this hair care?  The new salon I go to sells his products.  Don't want to buy them and find out I don't like it.  Just wanted an opinion of someone who uses or has used them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kevin Murphy hair products

@BetsyDoodle,  Ask the salon if there is a return policy because you just don't like it.  I have never heard of this line.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I do know that it is supposed to be sulfate free and uses natural ingredients.  I don't know about the return policy but the line has several shampoos or washes as they're called in this line.  A "wash" and a conditioner or "rinse" is around $89.00.  Some of the shampoos have monoi and other natural ingredients.  I guess it is similar to WEN, and I think Kevin Murphy is from Ireland.  Didn't want to ask too much, didn't want any sales pressure at that price.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have used Kevin Murphy product "Full Again" for several years. It is a thickening lotion that is applied after shampoo and conditioner. My hair is thin and this product gives it body before drying. Cost was $30 for 5.1oz at independent salon.

It  takes less than a quarter size amount of product for good results for me.

Honored Contributor

My salon just switched to all Kevin Murphy products. I love them! If you are worried about spending the money on the shampoo or conditioner, my stylist advised me to only use a pea-size amount when using these. If thats the case, I will be using these bottles forever! Love the slight scent of the products too! I'm using the products for fine hair and she told me that they are made to promote growth in the long run. You can purchase their trial/travel sizes, which I did (along with full size) for when I travel. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

I do know that it is supposed to be sulfate free and uses natural ingredients.  I don't know about the return policy but the line has several shampoos or washes as they're called in this line.  A "wash" and a conditioner or "rinse" is around $89.00.  Some of the shampoos have monoi and other natural ingredients.  I guess it is similar to WEN, and I think Kevin Murphy is from Ireland.  Didn't want to ask too much, didn't want any sales pressure at that price.

Kevin Murphy products are NO WAY anything like WEN!! I would never use them if they were! 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

My salon just switched to all Kevin Murphy products. I love them! If you are worried about spending the money on the shampoo or conditioner, my stylist advised me to only use a pea-size amount when using these. If thats the case, I will be using these bottles forever! Love the slight scent of the products too! I'm using the products for fine hair and she told me that they are made to promote growth in the long run. You can purchase their trial/travel sizes, which I did (along with full size) for when I travel. Woman Happy

@ID2   I have fine hair, but I have a lot of it, so it sounds like if I were to "invest" in the shampoo and conditioner I will be only buying them once or twice a year!  My new stylist asked if I tried them, but I was in a hurry and just said no. She didn't try to "hard sell" the products so I thought I would ask about them here and then I would make up my mind if I should ask her more about them. Glad to hear of a light scent too!

Thanks! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I resurrected this thread b/c my stylist just switched to using this brand at her salon and I love it!  My hair was so soft and manageable.  The best part was when I woke up the next day my hair looked fantastic.  Usually I look pretty scary after sleeping and my second day hair never looks good and I usually pull it up and wash it on the third.  I am currently using Fekkai CBD Scalp Calming Shampoo, Conditioner and Treatment which I  like and still have a bit of.  Once I run out of that I am thinking of trying Kevin Murphy's  Scalp Spa Wash and Angel Rinse.  I am buying the styling products she used (Untangle spray which has heat protectant, Body Builder mousse which helps your hair hold its shape and Ever Smooth which helps hold the style) now as I am almost out of my heat protector which is the only styling product I am currently using and is not cutting it for me.  This line is a little pricey with each styling product costing at least 30,00 but she used very little product which should help it last.  Plus if my hair looks this good after I style it will be worth it. 

Valued Contributor

@BetsyDoodle 

Hi I have not tried them yet . I plan to once I finish my current products . I follow a wonderful YOUTUBE Makeup artist and Hair stylist named Karin Gade from Germany . She has short silver hair like I do and uses the products in her tutorials . She uses them with short and long hair and they look good . Would love to hear your reviews , if you do try them .