Frequent Contributor
Has anyone had this done to their hair? If so, what were your results and any feedback (good and bad). It's a form of keratin treatment, removes frizz but doesn't fully straighten your hair. It lasts 4-6 weeks vs several months for a standard keratin treatment.
Valued Contributor

Re: Kerasilk de-frizz treatment

@stb13 wrote:
Has anyone had this done to their hair? If so, what were your results and any feedback (good and bad). It's a form of keratin treatment, removes frizz but doesn't fully straighten your hair. It lasts 4-6 weeks vs several months for a standard keratin treatment.

I can't help with Kerasilk treatment but I had a keratin treatment which caused lots of little fuzzies near my part. They started to appear a week later and continued to get worse. My hair stylist said it can happen for some. Wish I would have known.  I get the same fuzzies if I use a keratin shampoo and conditioner more than 3 times in a row. I now stay away from professional kera-anything treatments. Have you tried ColorWow Dream Coat? It is amazing and lasts 3-4 shampoos. I've gone through one bottle and onto my second bottle. It does everything they advertise. If you decide to try it, be sure to fully saturate each section. I abuse my hair with bleach and dye. Colorwow makes my hair look and feel sleek and healthy. I haven't had this much volume and bounce in years Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@stb13 wrote:

@stb13   I can't speak personally, never had a straightening or frizz free treatment, but DD has them every 6 months. She gets a "gentle" type that only requires the solution to stay on a shorter time and only one pass with with the flat iron.

Yes, she still gets some breakage, but is willing to deal with it. Her hair is long and this "gentle" straightener/de-frizzer still leaves her hair with bend. BTW, she still needs to use Moroccan Oil before and after blow drying or she gets little frizzies at her part and hair line. 

Respected Contributor

My salon offers a process which I don't know the exact name that lasts for 8 weeks. I like to get this done in the summer months. It works great for me. I must tell you though I have very thick hair and I never normally experiance any breakage. My hair is a short asymmetrical. It does help with toning down my volume and tames the frizz. I also have color treated hair.