Frequent Contributor

I've used Kenra Volume 25 hairspray for years. Recently, the formula seems to have changed, doesn't hold like it used to and the price keeps going up. Anyone else who uses it notice a difference? Any good recommendations for a similar hairspray?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Kenra Volume 25 Hairspray

I've been using it for about 6 months and love it. I haven't noticed a change, but maybe it's because i'm new to the party? It's the best spray I've found for holding in humid weather and it doesn't feel stiff or sticky.

Frequent Contributor

Love the Kenra products! The shampoo and conditioner is also great!

Trusted Contributor

Love Kenra.
Valued Contributor

I bought some on the recommendation of a salon and it really doesn't hold at all. Nice smell and adds a shine but I think a lot of hair sprays are now formulated with ingredients for shine, and these seem to make my hair limp and flat, not volumous.

Still looking for one to replace the SAMY Fathair hairspray who did change the formula and now it is not effective for my hair.

Right now I am using Shaper Freeze Spray and it holds, but risk of breakage when combing out as this is too stiff.

Super Contributor

I haven't bought any of late, I stocked up during a sale. I'm on my last can though and do need to get more soon. It is all I've used for years and I hope they haven't changed it. Was it just one can that you had used when you noticed the difference?

Frequent Contributor

I noticed the difference in more than one can. I asked the person who cuts my hair to check with her other clients who use the spray. I few of them also noticed a difference. About an hour or so after spraying your hair, it feels and acts like there's no hairspray at all on your hair. Starts falling flat too.

Super Contributor

Well darn, that's not good. I know this sells well, so why they felt the need to change the formula makes no sense to me.

Thank you for posting.

Super Contributor

bb7707, have you contacted the company? That hairspray is a 10 time winner of stylists favorite hairspray in the stylists choice awards. I'm hoping it's something like a bad batch or something. I'm writing now to ask if they changed the formula, but since I haven't bought mine I cannot tell them anything about what it does.

Super Contributor

They wrote me back and said that they did not change the formula.

Here is what they wrote:

Good Afternoon [Snow Owl];

Thank you for contacting Kenra Professional Customer Care. We value your input and appreciate your feedback.
I want to assure you that the formulation for Volume Spray 25 has not been changed. It is possible that they may be referring to it’s sister product, Volume Spray 25 Non-Aerosol. This product was developed to replace Volume Spritz and the formulation was changed in order for it to perform just like Volume Spray 25.
I hope that clears up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.