Respected Contributor

Re: Kenra Volume 25 Hairspray

Hello, bb7707. Smile

I haven't tried these, but Nick Chavez makes hairspray products called Red Carpet Extra Hold Finishing Hairspray, Volumizing Extra Hold Hairspray and Flocker Extra Hold Hairspray.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

I have used Kenra Volume 25 for many years and YES the formula has changed. I see what the company says,but this spray does not have the hold it use to have. In fact my girlfriends and I use to call it helmet spray, because your hair stayed in place. The last can I purchased makes my hair so soft and fly away. A big waste of money now. I won't buy again. I am with you, what's a good hairspray?

Super Contributor

Well, if you want something that will hold it and not move try Freeze and Shine by Paul Mitchell. It sure does smell good, too.

Contributor

Does it have to be the can type? They have it in a pump style that really holds. I prefer it over the can.
Respected Contributor

I've used Kenra 25 hair spray for years. I haven't noticed a change in the formula. I have learned I have to shake the can very well right before spraying.

I'm getting tired of paying the high price though.

Respected Contributor

On 3/21/2015 Snow Owl said:

Well, if you want something that will hold it and not move try Freeze and Shine by Paul Mitchell. It sure does smell good, too.

I used PM Freeze and Shine years ago until they changed the formula. I hate it now and it leaves no shine either.

I can't believe these companies that keep changing a good thing.

Super Contributor

Huh, I didn't know they changed the formula on the Freeze and Shine. It has been a very long time since I used it so I had no idea. It's so annoying and frustrating when companies start changing their best sellers.

L'Oreal Elnet Satin Hairspray is popular. Unless they've changed it, too? It is $15 a can though.

What about Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray. It gets great reviews. Anyone tried either of those?

I'll buy one more can of Kenra, and if it doesn't work for me I'll go on to the next.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/20/2015 Snow Owl said:

They wrote me back and said that they did not change the formula.

Here is what they wrote:

Good Afternoon [Snow Owl];

Thank you for contacting Kenra Professional Customer Care. We value your input and appreciate your feedback.
I want to assure you that the formulation for Volume Spray 25 has not been changed. It is possible that they may be referring to it’s sister product, Volume Spray 25 Non-Aerosol. This product was developed to replace Volume Spritz and the formulation was changed in order for it to perform just like Volume Spray 25.
I hope that clears up any confusion. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
I don't know, it still seems different to me. Thanks for checking!
Occasional Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Snow Owl said:

Huh, I didn't know they changed the formula on the Freeze and Shine. It has been a very long time since I used it so I had no idea. It's so annoying and frustrating when companies start changing their best sellers.

L'Oreal Elnet Satin Hairspray is popular. Unless they've changed it, too? It is $15 a can though.

What about Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray. It gets great reviews. Anyone tried either of those?

I'll buy one more can of Kenra, and if it doesn't work for me I'll go on to the next.

I use Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Harder Volumizing Hairspray and I love it! It holds and controls my hair without being stiff or sticky. I actually love their styling products too. Elnet is good, but kind of sticky and stiff.

Frequent Contributor