Honored Contributor

Re: Kendall Jenner the new face of Estee Lauder!

Being skanky and being smart in business aren't necessarily mutually exclusive... Of course dear moms has had her share of help along the way, with the Gollywood contingent who have pushed her and her more skanky than she is older daughters... She might be a piece of work, but those women are adults and at some point have to own their own choices, mommy dearest aside...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

On 11/15/2014 MarilynM said:

I can't believe how some are so willing to condemn this young lady because of her family. From what I have seen and read she is trying very hard to distance herself from her family, and their reality show. She is serious about her modeling career. Why shouldn't she be the face of Estee Lauder? Should they use an old crone? I know lots of young girls who have skin problems and would definitely see her in this role.

Well said Marilyn M...I completely agree with you. She is doing something constructive with her life and building a future!

Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 mcogirl said:
On 11/15/2014 MarilynM said:

I can't believe how some are so willing to condemn this young lady because of her family. From what I have seen and read she is trying very hard to distance herself from her family, and their reality show. She is serious about her modeling career. Why shouldn't she be the face of Estee Lauder? Should they use an old crone? I know lots of young girls who have skin problems and would definitely see her in this role.

Well said Marilyn M...I completely agree with you. She is doing something constructive with her life and building a future!

So are those the two choices? Either an "old crone" or a fledgling model and member of the Jenner/Kardashian clan? There was no middle ground?

I can understand Lauder wanting a youthful model as their 'face' of the week, but there would be something to be said for a more established twenty-something or even thirty-something face, given that Lauder is not the brand of choice for the nubile, nor is she likely to make it so...

Of course she's serious about her modeling career. All the girls in her family want to parlay whatever looks they derived from their rather questionable gene pool (and from wherever else...) into 'careers'... And what, exactly, has she done to 'distance' herself from the rest? I don't watch, never have, never will, but it was my understanding that she still shows up from time to time on 'the show'...

Young girls with 'problem skin' aren't going to be rushing to the Lauder counters. Most of them can't afford it. Had Proactive, Covergirl or some more trendy cosmetic company hired her on, it might make sense, but even if Lauder wants to broaden their demographic horizons, this doesn't seem the most efficient or effective way to do it...

Valued Contributor

On 11/15/2014 Serena Joy said:

She is indeed beautiful. - no question about that. As I'm sure many other young women are who are far better matches with the impeccable Estee Lauder.

Totally agree with you! Disappointed in EL's choice. Trying to attract the younger crowd maybe...
Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 jump4joy said:

She is indeed beautiful. - no question about that. As I'm sure many other young women are who are far better matches with the impeccable Estee Lauder.

Totally agree with you! Disappointed in EL's choice. Trying to attract the younger crowd maybe...

Has this ever worked? I think it was a poor choice. I will be surprised if the Tweens and teens rush to buy EL!

Honored Contributor

How is she 'trying hard' to distance herself from her family?

Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 beach-mom said:
On 11/17/2014 jump4joy said:

Has this ever worked? I think it was a poor choice. I will be surprised if the Tweens and teens rush to buy EL! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

They won't... For one thing, as noted, most of them can't afford the make-up side of the line and don't want the fragrances. For another, it's not a trendy brand... Besides, as far as the skincare side of the line is concerned, they certainly don't need the 'anti-aging' potions and last time I looked, Lauder didn't specialize in acne treatments. I fully suspect her tenure will be short-lived, as they appear to change their 'face of' fairly regularly.

Honored Contributor

I know nothing of this Jenner girl, but isn.t she young to be EL spokesperson,

I do have an opinion about the Kardashians wealth, and people saying Momma made it. Not entirely. They were pretty wealthy (Jenner side) before reality days, and Mamma Kardasian had a few bucks. When she was married to Robert, they were very upwardly mobile. They were never poor. They were always well connected. Reality TV aside, Bruce had a little money. They have lived in BH a long time, and have many many friends there and elsewhere. I guess what I am saying is, the younger Jenner kid could have made it without the reality show fame. If she had any talent. Believe me they knew people, they had connections. She would have found her way to an agency, and could have gotten a front and center interview on Bruces name or Roberts name alone. JMHO

The mother did get the reality show thing going, but she had the connections to do that.

Honored Contributor

I just looked her up to see what she looked like. Oh my, she is a stunner. She is really gorgeous, WOW!! The whole family is really beautiful, Except bruce, yuck. Okay, I said it, he skeeves me out.

Honored Contributor

I've only read about half the posts, but I see many here not understanding the objections.

I think the EL company made a HUGE mistake selecting her ..... {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

First, WHY would they use a 19 year old if their target market is women in their 30s to 60s ?? .... There's NO WAY 20 somethings are going to run out and buy EL makeup!

Secondly, with all the negative press given to the Kartrashians, WHY would they select someone from that family?

Bad, bad move ........ {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}