Super Contributor

Re: Kendall Jenner the new face of Estee Lauder!

On 11/15/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised that EL would choose a fresh, young face for their line. It seems perfectly reasonable to this not so fresh, young face. And I will continue to buy the two EL products that I love and any others I come across that I might like.

As for the family connection, well, again, this not so fresh, young person (moi) wouldn't have even known if I hadn't read it here. I might maybe have wondered about the last name, but I don't keep at all with celeb gossip, to put it mildly. I wouldn't recognize the vast majority of names or faces anyway.

Now that I know, though, I don't care in the least. Until someone proves that she's a criminal or a horrible person, why would I?

suzy - agreed! I shudder to think that I might be judged upon the actions of certain members of my family, and I certainly would not do so to this young lady.

Honored Contributor

She is beautiful and she is trying to distance herself from the rest of the family of Kartrashions. Good for her. I hope she can break free and be her own woman.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Trusted Contributor

i'm tired of hearing about all of them!! who cares

Frequent Contributor

I would suggest that the silly ladies (and I use that term loosely) who are bellowing about how a picture of this young woman will influence whether they will buy EL anymore...have probably never purchased the product and just like to spout off. If you really like and enjoy something..you don't quit buying it for such a ridiculous reason. I believe that EL is trying to appeal to a younger generation, who will look at Kendall's picture to see what she is wearing and how-to apply it. Smart move EL!
Super Contributor

I have used Estee Lauder off and on through the years, although I'm a Le Mer user now. My husband was a manufacturers representative for pneumatic conveying companies and designed conveying systems for the pharmaceutical, food and cosmetics industries according to their specific needs. Estee Lauder in Bristol, PA was one of his cosmetics customers. I think EL is trying to get younger women to purchase their products and by having Ms. Jenner as their representative, they have a shot at increasing their sales in that age group.
I don't think this young woman should ridiculed for the lifestyles and lack of morals of her stupid mother and equally stupid and disgusting half-sisters. She seems to be the only one that has a legitimate profession at this point. I'm sure this position was not handed to her on a silver platter even though it does not hurt to be associated with the Jenner name. I don't think modeling is an easy or glamorous job and you have to work really hard to make it to the top. Every one deserves a chance in life to pursue their dreams. If she does not fulfill her contractual obligations, I'm pretty sure EL will give her the boot and someone else will become the face of Estee Lauder. I wish her luck and success and hope she keeps her wits about her.
Regular Contributor

No one her age needs estee lauder.....they lost me. The last thing I need is skin care or make up made for and marketed to teenagers!

Super Contributor

On 11/15/2014 Preds said:

She is beautiful and she is trying to distance herself from the rest of the family of Kartrashions. Good for her. I hope she can break free and be her own woman.

This is my thoughts also...I think she has been trying to distance herself from them for a while now...it seems to be working...hopefully they don't pull her back in, lol. At least one out of the bunch can do something decent with their life.

Occasional Contributor

Not to keep repeating what everyone else has said, but Estee Lauder is a brand for a more mature consumer. I believe their best-selling products are their anti-aging serums. How does a girl who's not even old enough to legally drink fit into this? It made sense when Olay hired Carrie Underwood for their Fresh Effects product line. It also made sense when Cover Girl hired older models for their anti-aging foundations. It would have been really nice for one of the original "supers" like Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer, Stephanie Seymour, Naomi Campbell, Claudia Christensen, or Christy Turlington to have landed that contract. There's countless women that would have been far better suited for the job: Nastassia Kinski, Yasmin LeBon, Brooke Shields, Tyra Banks.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not sure she's the best choice but I could be wrong. I don't have anything against her, but she is part of the Kardashian clan and that brings its own baggage. Could be positive but could be negative, we'll see. I just don't picture her as the face of Lauder at all.
Super Contributor

I feel sorry for her because she is tainted by her association. I hope that the EL campaign gets positive feedback and she is successful. I am surprised that she was chosen as there're are many young beautiful faces out there. I wonder what their criteria was, no doubt the momager had her hand in it.