Respected Contributor

Keeping undereye area looking good

Yesterday I tried a new tinted SPF and of course, I made sure I covered my whole face, including the area under my eyes. I don't use concealer. Later in the day, I noticed some mascara smudges under my eyes so I assumed something in the sunscreen had dissolved the mascara. Today, I put powder over the sunscreen and this helped to keep my undereye area mascara-free but the powder really accentuated the wrinkles under my eyes! I don't know which is worse! Any suggestions?

Respected Contributor

Re: Keeping undereye area looking good

@Texasmouse Just a few suggestions. Use a tigtline waterproof mascara for lower lashes but very little, not that exagerated like the top lashes. Pat on a clearr silcone primer after tinted spf drys down that will set it & help with the look of fine lines.. Use a pointed brush & apply a no color translucent powder just under your lower lid. I have tryed many powders to set and like you exagerated fine lines. The only powder for me that does not at all exagerate lines but actually has a blurring effect is a new product I bought recently at Nordstroms is BY TERRY Hyaluric Hydra Powder. HTH Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @Kabella! Those are good suggestions.  ☺

Do you use the primer AND the powder or choose one option?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TexasmouseYour Welcome. I have always used a silicone primer on top of my undereyes because it seals in whatever is underneath & does help with fine lines.. I don't always use the Terry powder but when I do, I still use the primer. If you are interested in that translucent powder, I would suggest getting a sample. Only need a tiny amount of it & its so hydrating & the most finely milled powder I have ever touched & it brightens. Youtube the users of that powder. Actually, you could just like the results from just using the primer & underline your lower rim with translucent powder.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Kabella

I actually went and ordered a sample size of the Terry powder from eBay as soon as I read your response and Googled it. I can't wait to try it. When you use the primer AND the powder, which one do you use last? Thanks again for your help!

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse When I do use the Terry powder, I apply it as the last step. Make sure you use very little of it. Since your getting a sample use a tiny amount, & with small measuring spoon take a pea size out & put it in a cover of a jar. Use a fluffy brush & stir in in, than apply. It shows clear on your skin if applied correctly, You can also spot use it on your pores too or smile lines or use it all over. You will know by trying it out, They discribe it as a matte but it is not but rather a semi-matte & not flat at all & can be used under any base. I love it but some do not & I think because they use too much. That sample will last you a long time!  Let me know if you like it & have a good weekend!

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Kabella You've been very helpful! 

You have a good weekend too!

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse To be honest I don't trust ebay as far as cosmetics. I hope you get the true product. I know Beautylish sells it, find out if they can give you samples or if you have a Nordstroms or othe dept. store that carries it to get a sample.

Respected Contributor

@Kabella

I just wanted to give you an update on how the By Terry Hydra powder was working, now that I've had a few days to try it out. I have a little sample-sized jar that has a plastic covering with little holes in it so what I do is turn the jar upside down and then turn it over and what falls into the lid is just the right amount to use under both eyes. I dab an eyeshadow brush in it then stipple it under each eye, finishing with a gentle swipe. I must say, it works and it has totally taken care of the problem! I no longer have any transfer of mascara under my eyes and it seems to hold all day. I don't use the primer first, only this powder over my tinted SPF. Thanks again for the recommendation! 

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse  Welcome to the ByTerry Hydro powder fan club. Everything that @Kabella@told you is spot on. When I bought that I had never spent that much on a powder, and told myself that it has to be perfect. For me it is. I only use it under my eyes and this past week I started using it in my smile lines. It's amazing at blurring those. In the beginning I tried to use it as an all over setting powder and that was a no go for me. For how little I use, it will last me a long time. I do exactly what you do and flip it over quickly to get a small amt in the lid. I use an ELF brush to apply. I also agree that if too much is applied, it can look bad.