Esteemed Contributor

Re: Keanu Reeves' girlfriend is pro gray...

My first reaction was that his hair and beard dye make him look older.  So fake.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think she has beautiful skin and that she's attractive, but not pretty. Keanu to me has aged quickly in the past 5 years. If I didn't know who it was or how old he is I'd guess he was at least 65.

Respected Contributor

I don't see her being "pro gray." She doesn't need to carry the banner for women who choose not to color their hair. I don't know a thing about her, but I'm guessing that she doesn't care if women color their gray OR change their hair color.

And she doesn't look like Helen Mirren because her hair is gray lol. They both have gray hair, but one's a young woman. And the other isn't.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I saw a photo of them a few weeks ago some event they attended and I was shocked at how much older she looked than Keanu.  I am all for going gray and having been thinking about it myself in the near future.  But not at mid forties.  Keanu is starting to show is age somewhat too.  I guess the days of Bill and Ted's Bogus Adventures are done.  If she loves it than that is all that matters.

@beckyb1012   Mr. Reeves at 55, may be coloring his hair dark. If he left in the grey at temples and elsewhere, the differences between him and his girlfriend wouldn't seem as stark. He's an actor and therefore needs that "younger than my actual age" look just as Andie McDowell, discussed here a few days ago. The girlfriend is an artist, not a Hollywood actress...no restraints or requirements on how young or old she has to look to get a part. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

I think she has beautiful skin and that she's attractive, but not pretty. Keanu to me has aged quickly in the past 5 years. If I didn't know who it was or how old he is I'd guess he was at least 65.

@shaggygirl   I googled his age. At 55, I think the dark hair ages him as it did w/ Ronald Reagan and other men with a box of dark brown Just For Men.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl   I googled his age. At 55, I think the dark hair ages him as it did w/ Ronald Reagan and other men with a box of dark brown Just For Men.

@Shanus 

Perhaps the dark hair does have an aging affect on his looks but it's not just that. There's something about his eyes, as if they've sunken in or something. They look so small and beady. Or maybe because the beard makes his face appear so thin and drawn. I can't quite put my finger on it. In spite of it all, I always thought he was a hottie and still do Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Her hair color is fine but she needs it styled better.  They both look older than their years.  It's nice to see a middle aged male celebrity with an age appropriate partner.  I'm letting my hair go gray, I'm hoping it will be silver like my grandmother's and not white, like my mother's.  I love Diane' Gilman's hair.  I have thick, long hair and I visions silver hair like that.  I'm not going to cut my hair short so it's going to be a long process.

Respected Contributor

This OP's photo is not very becoming.  It makes her appear older than she is and matronly.  I have seen other photos of her where she is really cute, appearing young and vibrant.  That said, I love this couple together.  

Honored Contributor

I "admire" people for myriad reasons, but coloring or not coloring is not even on my radar.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

This OP's photo is not very becoming.  It makes her appear older than she is and matronly.  I have seen other photos of her where she is really cute, appearing young and vibrant.  That said, I love this couple together.  

I agree. I googled and saw some other pics-this one here doesn't do justice.