Esteemed Contributor

I have been reading past posts about Vitamin C and have decided to order the ASDM vitamin C, the gentle one. I can't believe their prices! There are many of their products I want to try! My friend uses retinol from her derm. Do they have something? I read their Rosehip oil contains Vitamin A properties, and I have used rosehip in the past. I also use a salicylic cleanser and a glycolic toner (Mario Badescu) that I love. Anymore recs?? I really trust your opinion! Just need anti aging products. I like this ASDM line, figure if its in Beverly Hills, they have to know their stuff! Lol! Thanks Kat!!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Hi, they have a retinol complex cream on the ASDM site. I haven't tried it yet though. I have a tube of retin-a I am using but we are having a love/hate relationship. I love the idea of retin-a and it loves to burn my skin and I hate having to spend a week fixing my skin. I have had good luck with retinol in the past though. I don't get burned or irritated. I love the peptide serum and collagen cream because they have many properties that are in the other products. Also the Q10 is nice and it has retinol in it plus hyaluronic acid, CoQ10, camellia oil and vitamin E. Actually since I just checked that may be the night cream to start with since it covers a lot of products at once. After ordering way too many products I started to go through the product ingredients and I look for the best bang for my buck. I look for retinol, CoQ10, Matrixyl, Vit A, C and E, Hyaluronic Acid and collagen. One serum says it is Matriyxl but another has that ingredient as well as other ingredients (peptide serum). Tell me more about your skin and your concerns and I will gladly look over the products for you. The one product I do not recommend is Tepez line. It was a waste of money in my eyes. I have it but it doesn't even help the burning skin very well. Severely irritated skin does better with oils (argon, emu and rose hip) and Eucerin Calming Relief Cream. Blemishes do better with tea tree oil. My newest thing is that I use a small spray bottle and fill it with argon, rosehip and one drop tea tree plus water. I shake it and spritz my skin after using my toner and before any products. It's refreshing and I get the oils without a heavy dose of them. I currently have a perm so I even lightly spritz my hair. Let me know about your skin (sorry if you already told me, I have meno CRS issues, lol).

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/10/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Hi, they have a retinol complex cream on the ASDM site. I haven't tried it yet though. I have a tube of retin-a I am using but we are having a love/hate relationship. I love the idea of retin-a and it loves to burn my skin and I hate having to spend a week fixing my skin. I have had good luck with retinol in the past though. I don't get burned or irritated. I love the peptide serum and collagen cream because they have many properties that are in the other products. Also the Q10 is nice and it has retinol in it plus hyaluronic acid, CoQ10, camellia oil and vitamin E. Actually since I just checked that may be the night cream to start with since it covers a lot of products at once. After ordering way too many products I started to go through the product ingredients and I look for the best bang for my buck. I look for retinol, CoQ10, Matrixyl, Vit A, C and E, Hyaluronic Acid and collagen. One serum says it is Matriyxl but another has that ingredient as well as other ingredients (peptide serum). Tell me more about your skin and your concerns and I will gladly look over the products for you. The one product I do not recommend is Tepez line. It was a waste of money in my eyes. I have it but it doesn't even help the burning skin very well. Severely irritated skin does better with oils (argon, emu and rose hip) and Eucerin Calming Relief Cream. Blemishes do better with tea tree oil. My newest thing is that I use a small spray bottle and fill it with argon, rosehip and one drop tea tree plus water. I shake it and spritz my skin after using my toner and before any products. It's refreshing and I get the oils without a heavy dose of them. I currently have a perm so I even lightly spritz my hair. Let me know about your skin (sorry if you already told me, I have meno CRS issues, lol).

Kat, I've been thinking about adding rosehip oil to the Vitamin C serum. I used to use it and had no problems! The more I've researched and heard, the more confused I am. I have normal skin, no oil anymore, sensitive (menopausal) so I am careful. But, now I've been able to use a BHA, 1.5% (morning) and a mild AHA (night), (Mario Badescu).I also use Andalou 1000 roses foam cleanser, its mild and to die for..lol! My skin is happy, just wanted to add a C product! I think the one you suggested will be ok. I also love the argan oil in the winter, too heavy right now~ The Andalou 1000 roses is for sensitive skin..I always look for that! The smell is divine, aromatherapy! I also use their day cream, it contains plant stem cells and Vitamin A..my wrinkles on my forehead are softening and its only been 1 month or so. I love that line! I want to try all their products, lol!

-- Mae West
Super Contributor

Stick with what you are using that works. Add the Vit C and the Rose Hip Oil for now and see how it goes. Just remember to try to get the most out of any one product you use. I may check out the cleanser you suggested. My skin can be sensitive at times and I have been using Purity and Miracle Lactic Cleanser because they do not irritate me. I have Alba Botanica Coconut Milk and Pineapple Enzyme and I love them but they don't always love me. I have used the Mario B pink powder for blemishes and I do like it. I have a sample of a cream of his but I have not tried it yet. My skin can be sensitive at times and I have found that the ASDM products used in moderation will not irritate me. I was trying to use many at one time, lol, not a good idea.

Esteemed Contributor

Stick with what you are using that works. Add the Vit C and the Rose Hip Oil for now and see how it goes. Just remember to try to get the most out of any one product you use. I may check out the cleanser you suggested. My skin can be sensitive at times and I have been using Purity and Miracle Lactic Cleanser because they do not irritate me. I have Alba Botanica Coconut Milk and Pineapple Enzyme and I love them but they don't always love me. I have used the Mario B pink powder for blemishes and I do like it. I have a sample of a cream of his but I have not tried it yet. My skin can be sensitive at times and I have found that the ASDM products used in moderation will not irritate me. I was trying to use many at one time, lol, not a good idea.

Kat, thanks so much for your help! I will try the new products when they go on sale. I learned the hard way to only use 1 new product at a time, to make sure your skin likes it. I know you will like the Andalou..I also use Aubrey Calming cleanser..been using it for years. But, the SA suggested the A line and I'm glad I tried it! I get bored, lol.

-- Mae West
Super Contributor
On 8/10/2014 emmiesmom said:

Kat, thanks so much for your help! I will try the new products when they go on sale. I learned the hard way to only use 1 new product at a time, to make sure your skin likes it. I know you will like the Andalou..I also use Aubrey Calming cleanser..been using it for years. But, the SA suggested the A line and I'm glad I tried it! I get bored, lol.

I get bored also with cleansers. I am so fickle, lol. I did look it up and found it under vitacost I think. It was a few hours ago. I started going into coconut oil creams after that. I love coconut oil but hate the greasy feel. Then I found Kiss My Face (?) and remember seeing that at the grocery store. I can go off on tangents, lol. I am going to stick with the ASDM products but I could use a new cleanser. I like the smell of roses now after 20 years of not liking the smell. Age changes us.

Esteemed Contributor

I get bored also with cleansers. I am so fickle, lol. I did look it up and found it under vitacost I think. It was a few hours ago. I started going into coconut oil creams after that. I love coconut oil but hate the greasy feel. Then I found Kiss My Face (?) and remember seeing that at the grocery store. I can go off on tangents, lol. I am going to stick with the ASDM products but I could use a new cleanser. I like the smell of roses now after 20 years of not liking the smell. Age changes us.

I've always loved skincare and makeup. I've really gotten back into it lately! I want to give my skin the best shot for looking young. I've taken good care of my skin since I was a teenager. Its paid off so far. I'm so grateful to get info from you and others about the best products for anti aging. Do you think I need to use a retinol product?? or just stay with the C for now?? I have tried to keep it natural, my skin responds best to organic products. I notice the ASDM has simple ingredients, I really like that. My derm told me Less is More, and to keep things as simple as possible.

-- Mae West
Super Contributor
On 8/11/2014 emmiesmom said:

I've always loved skincare and makeup. I've really gotten back into it lately! I want to give my skin the best shot for looking young. I've taken good care of my skin since I was a teenager. Its paid off so far. I'm so grateful to get info from you and others about the best products for anti aging. Do you think I need to use a retinol product?? or just stay with the C for now?? I have tried to keep it natural, my skin responds best to organic products. I notice the ASDM has simple ingredients, I really like that. My derm told me Less is More, and to keep things as simple as possible.

I used PTR Retinol for a short time. This was after reading the benefits of retin-a. Unless you catch his 5.00 trial size sales his products can be costly. (I did like that his was an oil that absorbs quickly like argon oil does) I found a lady who sells benoquin which is the product I need to keep my skin spot free from the vitiligo. It is no longer sold in the US because the company manufacturing it felt it wasn't cost efficient. She has contacts from out of the country. After learning to trust her I ordered retin-a .05% from her. I have used it but my skin can become very irritated and I've ended up with red, raw skin several times. I now use it on top of my creams which makes it less effective but less irritating. I think that retinol is a good product to use in some form. I would start with retinol not retin-a and see how your skin handles it. ASDM has a good price for the product. That or you can try the CoQ10 Cream which has retinol in it but also has other ingredients that are also beneficial. It is a night cream but it also has Vit C in it with essential oils. It is 25.00. BTW I also buy my oils from ASDM since I trust in their products. After reading up on the products I started reusing this cream myself at night. I was using the collagen but I can use that during the day if need be.

ACTIVES: Q10, Co-Enzyme, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate MAP (Vitamin C), Aloe Vera Extract. INACTIVE: Distilled water, [Bees wax, HE Cellulose, Polyglyceryl Oleate], EDTA, Allantoin, Mango Alphonso Extract, Organic Jojoba oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Pure Grape Seed oil (Vitis Vinifera), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Rose Geranium from Egypt (Pelargonium Graveolens), Optiphen.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/11/2014 Katluvr58 said:

I used PTR Retinol for a short time. This was after reading the benefits of retin-a. Unless you catch his 5.00 trial size sales his products can be costly. (I did like that his was an oil that absorbs quickly like argon oil does) I found a lady who sells benoquin which is the product I need to keep my skin spot free from the vitiligo. It is no longer sold in the US because the company manufacturing it felt it wasn't cost efficient. She has contacts from out of the country. After learning to trust her I ordered retin-a .05% from her. I have used it but my skin can become very irritated and I've ended up with red, raw skin several times. I now use it on top of my creams which makes it less effective but less irritating. I think that retinol is a good product to use in some form. I would start with retinol not retin-a and see how your skin handles it. ASDM has a good price for the product. That or you can try the CoQ10 Cream which has retinol in it but also has other ingredients that are also beneficial. It is a night cream but it also has Vit C in it with essential oils. It is 25.00. BTW I also buy my oils from ASDM since I trust in their products. After reading up on the products I started reusing this cream myself at night. I was using the collagen but I can use that during the day if need be.

ACTIVES: Q10, Co-Enzyme, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin E, Hyaluronic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate MAP (Vitamin C), Aloe Vera Extract. INACTIVE: Distilled water, [Bees wax, HE Cellulose, Polyglyceryl Oleate], EDTA, Allantoin, Mango Alphonso Extract, Organic Jojoba oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Pure Grape Seed oil (Vitis Vinifera), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Rose Geranium from Egypt (Pelargonium Graveolens), Optiphen.

Kat, please notice I had to change my member name. I was being harassed on another thread and the q told me to change my nickname. I will try the CoQ10 when I can. I like the ingredients..and trust your judgement. I'll let you know soon how its working! Thanks so much!

-- Mae West
Super Contributor
On 8/11/2014 nonexist said:
On 8/11/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Kat, please notice I had to change my member name. I was being harassed on another thread and the q told me to change my nickname. I will try the CoQ10 when I can. I like the ingredients..and trust your judgement. I'll let you know soon how its working! Thanks so much!

You are welcome and no offense I did check your name to verify you are who you said you are. Only to be sure I am not talking like a friend to an unknown, lol. I have a question with a good reason to ask. Was your ex an alcoholic? The reason I ask is because my deceased fiancé was one. I don't mention it often because it was a tough situation that I kept to my immediate family and closest friends. It is what killed him also.