Valued Contributor

I think it's her on HSN right now. Selling some kind of food.

Contributor

Yes, that is Kathy Levine. She looks terrific! 

Respected Contributor

I was channel surfing last night and saw her selling Nutrisystem.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

She's been a spokesperson for Nutrisystem for a couple of months now on HSN.

Super Contributor

She looks good, forgot she is a Nutrisystem rep

Honored Contributor

I saw her on HSN today. She looked very good. You know, I think HSN uses special filters on their cameras...they make people look young.  One time I was watching something on HSN and for a brief moment the filters got shut off for some reason and I could see a distinct difference in the way the host looked...I think it was CL who I saw that day without the filter. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I saw her on HSN today. She looked very good. You know, I think HSN uses special filters on their cameras...they make people look young.  One time I was watching something on HSN and for a brief moment the filters got shut off for some reason and I could see a distinct difference in the way the host looked...I think it was CL who I saw that day without the filter. 

It would be hard these days to use anything like that because everybody has HD or better 4K, and it would be too obvious. Not only the person would be blurred but everything around them would be blurred too. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Kathy Lavine

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum 

Not necessarily. The filters are specific for certain things, not the entire screen. It's similar to the technology they use when they blur someone's face out to protect their identity, but not that extreme and more fine tuned technology.

The LA Times wrote:

"In addition to new makeup, stations are experimenting with technology to make their talent look good in HD. That means new lighting tricks and computerized camera filters that track and modify the appearance of faces. The filters can alter skin color and change the level of detail with which it is rendered. They help performers stand out from the background and gloss over physical imperfections."

Trusted Contributor

O!M!G!  That lady can sell anything!  She simply draws the viewer in.  QVC's host talent agent should take a peek at Kathy to discover just how a HOST is supposed to act.  No cute-si-ness, no yelling, no arm waving, no flipping hanging hair out of the face, no pulling ugly big glasses on and off a face, no snarkiness, no talking about how many the hostess owns in every color..and on and on.   And I no longer buy anything from the q.

Honored Contributor

KL looks good for her age, but she certainly has kept the plastic surgeons busy. Kathy is a fine rep for NS.