Super Contributor
On 4/27/2014 guatmum said:
On 4/27/2014 Tricolor said:
On 4/27/2014 wackers said:

I ordered it and should have it by Monday. I really listened to Kate's presentation and felt it was a good retinol product for me since it's delivery system is crème based. I have the same issue you do, SilentDance, as liquids absorb so darn quickly on my skin that I always have to use more than others do when applying on clean, dry skin. But with this being cream based, kind of solves that problem.

I am looking forward to receiving it. Got my skin all prepped tonight with an oil cleanse followed by PTR's firming gel (the one that balls up) - only had some samples of PTR's but really liked it because it is fruit acid based. Can't believe how much lighter my age spots are after using but at least I know my Vit C serum is working well. Then applied the Wrinkle Soak mask from Skinn and can't believe how soft and hydrated my skin is now. It diminished so many of my very fine lines. As they say: hydration, hydration, hydration!

I did use some of the last Miracle Worker retinol I have afterwards as I hated to not take advantage of skin that was so primed for products.

I did learn for myself tonight that to assess if any skin or spot lightening treatment is working, you really have to exfoliate periodically and see what comes off. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much lighter mine are now after using the balling gel.

Next step - Kate's Retasphere and her Age Arrest!!!

Wackers, I think that you will be pleased. It is true that hydration is the key to looking young or younger. Fortunately, I have let my dry skin take over. I also like Skinn Wrinkle Soak Mask. That stuff is amazing. Enjoy your Kate Somerville. You will be her next spokesperson.

Tricolor, have you tried the combo of Skinn HydroSurge, Huile Vitale (sp?), and Vit C powder? You said you have dry skin. There is nothing I've tried in the past few years that has made more of a difference in my skin than this combo. I won't be without it!

I just ordered those, guatmum! So happy to see you're impressed by them! What do you add the C powder to? I'm thinking of my StemRejen face serum since it's the first layer of stuff I put on after cleansing, but I'm all ears for other suggestions.

Now I'm even MORE looking forward to receiving it! Thanks for the good review!!

Valued Contributor

MarenSeattle, I cocktail the 3 products together, 4 pumps of the HydroSurge, 2 of the Huile Vitale, and a dash of the C powder. Rub them together in my hands and slather them on my face, neck, and backs of my hands. They sink in within a few minutes and I either follow with the Stem Regen serum or the 24 Hr Cream, depending on how dry I feel. I often do it in the morning also and follow with my sunscreen. In the past, Dimitri has said the C powder could be put into almost anything. He also suggested sprinkling it on brown spots on hands that have been moisturized and rubbing it in to help lighten the spots over time. I've found using the cocktail on the backs of my hands has done that for me. The 3 products are so important to me know that I have 2 sets as backups, something I don't usually do with skin care.

Super Contributor
On 4/27/2014 wackers said:
On 4/27/2014 SilentDance said:

Hi Wackers,

Which Vitamin C serum are you using? I'm using Mad Hippie because it's not irritating me and I do see a brightness, but I don't feel like it's decreasing dark spots. I actually have one on my cheek that appears to be darker. {#emotions_dlg.blink} It could just be because the time of the year when although I wear sunscreen always, my skin seems to get darker anyway.

I really like the KS exfoliate but just picked up glam glow and I am liking that one too. A couple of times a week, I use microdelivery in the morning and one time a week the KS or glamglow.

Smiley Happy

I'm using NCN's Vit C. I have been applying it nightly but also in the AM if I wash my face. I often don't wash my face in the AM as it is just too drying for me to wash twice a day. I really wasn't sure this C serum was working as well as I'd hoped but it had been awhile since I exfoliated too. Had a sample of PTR's firming Gel (think that is what it's called) and really was amazed when I finished balling up all the gel how much lighter my age spots were. At least 50% lighter or more. And they were dark on the left side of my face, in the hairline, from driving. It really enlightened me how important it will be to exfoliate, at least every week to 10 days, to truly assess the effects of the C serum.

The next time I exfoliate I will be using Ole H's 3 step and that will probably be in about 8 days. It will be interesting to see if the lightening continues to occur and if I notice it as much.

I honestly thought the same thing you did that maybe the C wasn't able to work that well due to the sun too (SW where the sun is constant) so it made the decrease I saw after exfoliating all the more encouraging. I always have sunscreen on too but the spots really didn't seem to be lessening.

I will be closely checking to see if the decrease continues and if I notice it as much after using Ole's peel. If I don't, I might spring for PTR's as I know that works plus it's gentle (yet effective) for my really dry skin. It was almost like I was peeling the layers of the sun spots off as I continued to manipulate the gel around into balls.

I'll let you know how much improvement (or not) I see after the Ole peel. But for now, I am definitely pleased with the NCN C and it's only been a few weeks since I started using it daily ......... maybe 3 weeks tops.

Thank you for the reply. NCN appears to be very popular and I think that after I finish my back up bottle of Mad Hippie I will give it a try.

I've been reading through the thread mostly about the Skinn products. I didn't have much luck with Skinn in the past and refuse to deal with shopnbc, but I will take a look at some items mentioned.

I had some Ole deluxe sample sizes from the small kits and liked what I used, but it was just one of those things that even though I thought they were good I never reordered and went on to something else.

Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

SilentDance, I totally understand what you're saying about ShopHQ - you have to be careful when dealing with them. Skinn does have a website and sometimes has deals there on shipping and kits. You might want to try it.

Super Contributor
On 4/27/2014 guatmum said:

MarenSeattle, I cocktail the 3 products together, 4 pumps of the HydroSurge, 2 of the Huile Vitale, and a dash of the C powder. Rub them together in my hands and slather them on my face, neck, and backs of my hands. They sink in within a few minutes and I either follow with the Stem Regen serum or the 24 Hr Cream, depending on how dry I feel. I often do it in the morning also and follow with my sunscreen. In the past, Dimitri has said the C powder could be put into almost anything. He also suggested sprinkling it on brown spots on hands that have been moisturized and rubbing it in to help lighten the spots over time. I've found using the cocktail on the backs of my hands has done that for me. The 3 products are so important to me know that I have 2 sets as backups, something I don't usually do with skin care.

Thanks so much!! When it arrives, I'll be ready to dive right in!

I feel the same way about the StemRejens and the 24 Hour Cream -- do NOT want to be without those!

And to think up until recently I'd come to the conclusion that the Skinn line just "wasn't for me". {#emotions_dlg.lol} Now I'm becoming one who swears by his products!