Valued Contributor

Hi..

I'm currently using the Wrinkle Release RetAsphere & Age Arrest. This duo was her latest TSV. Since then, I've also ordered the Mega-C Dual Phase Serum. I love Kate's products and have been getting lovely results with her skincare.

My questions are: Is anyone else using these products together? If you are, how do you rotate them? What is your regime? What have been your results?

Thanks so much,

Valued Contributor

Re: Kate Somerville Questions

Anyone? :-)
Super Contributor

Kicking for you -- hopefully someone will come along to help.

I don't have any of her products (yet?) but I remember wondering about that when I watched the presentation. Both the C and the RetAsphere are to be used at night, right? I'd probably call her salon and ask. I know I've read that generally it's good to use C in the mornings so the antioxidant will help protect during the day, but I don't think that's a LAW. :-)

I think her products sound great (and I like her a lot!) so I'm guessing I'll take the plunge one of these days. I hope you get an answer and are pleased with your results -- good luck!

Contributor

i use the retasphere 2-3 nights per week with the age arrest as my eye cream (i do not need any additional moisturizer over the retasphere except around my eyes) i use the mega-c 2-3 nights per week (the presentation and product instructions both state that the mega-c should be worn at night). i let mega-c sink in, then moisturize with age arrest over mega-c including my eye area. exfolikate 1-2 times per week, followed only by age arrest i am not a fan of lots of layers of product at once, so this routine is very simple and works for me. happy to say that the texture of my skin is smoother and my pores are nice and clear. no redness or irritation at all - just the slightest amount of flaking arounf my chin from the retasphere. two thumbs up so far from me! hope this helps.
Valued Contributor

I am using the Age Arrest/Sensitive Skin. I am allergic to almost everything I have tried. I thought I gave up and went back to my Nivea from CVS. I received a sample pack from the Q in one of my clothing orders and decided to try it. I am finishing my first week and so far so good. I am holding my breath. My skin does feel softer. It's great to get expensive products from the Q because we can try them out and return them if they disappoint.

Trusted Contributor

If you prefer to get the benefits from Retasphere and Mega C more often than a few nights a week each, I'd suggest calling Kate's CS and asking them if there is a way to incorporate both w/o losing the efficacy of either. If I decide to try her Mega C, I would want to use that daily as well as Retasphere so I'd be calling them too. Vitamin C does have what they call a "4 day shelf life," meaning it will remain in the skin for up to that long yet the benefits of using daily multiple it's effectiveness as well as enhance the protection from our sunscreens.

I use Retasphere nightly followed by AA and have been very pleased. I have to commend Kate for making some really quality products, at least imo, plus they have a luxurious feel to them. I'm guessing, since she does have some celebrities as clients, she feels the pressure to create skincare that not only performs very well but also makes you feel good when using. Let's face it - celebs can buy what-ever and from whom-ever they want so Kate has to offer them skincare that really works yet also feels good. I think she has accomplished that personally.

Please post back if you do call Kate's CS - I've heard that they are very helpful. And I'd love to know what they recommend~

Valued Contributor

Thank you all so much for answering my questions. I'm definitely taking your advice. I know that we're all different but that's why I love these boards because it's like having your girlfriends on speed dial! I've been loving Kate's products for a while and I want to achieve the best results possible. I really appreciate your time. Please use everything in the best of health.

Have a great day,

Contributor

I also got the latest tsv. right now I am using the most nights, and the retinol product 2 to 3 times a night (I normally wait 20 minutes, and put argan oil over it for moisture.) I have not been using them in the morning, but I would like to find one of her products to use in the morning. I was interested in her vitamin c. Let us know what her customer service says in regard to the product.
Esteemed Contributor

I previously asked on Facebook when it was first presented on LRS. I was a little surprised by the answer (and wouldn't blame you if you ask again). I've been using all three or some mix of the three each night.

I hope it's okay for me to ask this here. I just bought the Kate Somerville Mega-C Dual Phase Serum tonight on QVC. I also recently purchased the Wrinkle Release RetAsphere & Age Arrest TSV. How do I incorporate using all of the products? Would I use the serum before the RetAsphere or use them every other day? Thank you!

• Kate Somerville SkincareMega-C/Serum is applied in the PM before your moisturizer.

Age Arrest is used both AM and PM. And RetAsphere replaces Age Arrest Cream in the PM every other night/every few nights or even can be applied every night if your skin is okay to have retinol every night.

Hope that helps!
  • Thank you. I wasn't sure if I could combine the Mega-C with the retinol, but it sounds like the Mega-C is every day regardless. I also didn't realize the Retesphere replaced Age Arrest - guess I should go back and watch those videos! I was using them together.

Thanks for all your help!
  • Kate Somerville SkincareHi , if your skin is feeling dry, you can always layer Age Arrest over RetAsphere at night. It really depends on how your skin is feeling!

Super Contributor

So, if I'm getting this right, the C, the Retinol, and/or the Age Arrest -- in that order>

What if you're also using the Quench, I wonder? I'm thinking before the C, etc., ? This is what's so frustrating about having too many products, IMO. But if they're all good, you want to use them all! :-)