Trusted Contributor

Kate Somerville - Any upcoming specials?

I love ExfoliKate and the cleanser and see some nicely priced options offered now.  Wondering if anyone knows whether there might be something new offered soon?  

I also like the glow moisturizer quite a bit so would love to order a kit with some additional options to try as I’ve been happy with my results from the products I’ve tried so far.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Kate Somerville - Any upcoming specials?

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

I love ExfoliKate and the cleanser and see some nicely priced options offered now.  Wondering if anyone knows whether there might be something new offered soon?  

I also like the glow moisturizer quite a bit so would love to order a kit with some additional options to try as I’ve been happy with my results from the products I’ve tried so far.  

@Mrsq2022  I used to use Exfolikate, but began finding the manual exfoliation quite harsh. I’ve changed to PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads which exfoliate more gently w/ an acid that can be used daily. FYI: I usually purchase more expensive skincare from their sites w/o shipping and frequent discounts, samples are offered.

Esteemed Contributor

If you like ExfoliKate, I would suggest you try the Brightening Facial Scrub by Acure.  It is very similar and it only costs about $10 for a 4 oz tube.

You can buy it on Acure's website, Target's site, Vitacost, Lucky Vitamin and probably a bunch of other places.

I usually use something more gentle than that now that my skin seems to be more sensitive, but I used to love that ExfoliKate stuff and was delighted to find something so similar for so much less money.

Image result for acure brightening facial scrub

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Mrsq2022  I used to use Exfolikate, but began finding the manual exfoliation quite harsh. I’ve changed to PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads which exfoliate more gently w/ an acid that can be used daily. FYI: I usually purchase more expensive skincare from their sites w/o shipping and frequent discounts, samples are offered.

@ShanusI’ve been curious about these pads so glad you mentioned them.  I’ve recently become a fan of the First Aid Beauty Radiance pads as they are gentle acids I can use daily and they seem to help my aging but problem skin without irritating.  I like the PTR anti-aging and Irish mood cleansers, but haven’t used other ptr products yet.  These pads seem to have very favorable reviews.

I like to mix things up so I will still use Exfolikate, but nice to have an alternate for daily use.  I would never use Exfolikate daily.  I use Kates cleanser nightly along with Cereve cleanser in AM for gentle removal of night creams.

My skin feels like the worst of the worst right now, perimenopausal dryness and loss of elasticity, but somehow still manage get pimples and large pores in the Tzone.  Redness when I over exfoliate, so I only Exfolikate once a week.  I also end up with flakey patches around nose 

i have what I consider “thick” skin with large pores and acne as teen.  Discoloration from sun damage as well.

WhatI feel I need is a gentle manual exfoliation daily and something to help minimize the pores and even out my skin tone without causing new breakouts.   Exfolikate makes my skin beautiful the following day but too harsh for daily use.  Trying to refine my regimen and all tips appreciated. 

Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

If you like ExfoliKate, I would suggest you try the Brightening Facial Scrub by Acure.  It is very similar and it only costs about $10 for a 4 oz tube.

You can buy it on Acure's website, Target's site, Vitacost, Lucky Vitamin and probably a bunch of other places.

I usually use something more gentle than that now that my skin seems to be more sensitive, but I used to love that ExfoliKate stuff and was delighted to find something so similar for so much less money.

Image result for acure brightening facial scrub

Thanks!  I'm going to find it and give it a try!

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@ShanusI’ve been curious about these pads so glad you mentioned them.  I’ve recently become a fan of the First Aid Beauty Radiance pads as they are gentle acids I can use daily and they seem to help my aging but problem skin without irritating.  I like the PTR anti-aging and Irish mood cleansers, but haven’t used other ptr products yet.  These pads seem to have very favorable reviews.

I like to mix things up so I will still use Exfolikate, but nice to have an alternate for daily use.  I would never use Exfolikate daily.  I use Kates cleanser nightly along with Cereve cleanser in AM for gentle removal of night creams.

My skin feels like the worst of the worst right now, perimenopausal dryness and loss of elasticity, but somehow still manage get pimples and large pores in the Tzone.  Redness when I over exfoliate, so I only Exfolikate once a week.  I also end up with flakey patches around nose 

i have what I consider “thick” skin with large pores and acne as teen.  Discoloration from sun damage as well.

WhatI feel I need is a gentle manual exfoliation daily and something to help minimize the pores and even out my skin tone without causing new breakouts.   Exfolikate makes my skin beautiful the following day but too harsh for daily use.  Trying to refine my regimen and all tips appreciated. 

@Mrsq2022  Just curious if you’ve checked in with a dermatologist. Sometimes they can zero in on the issue, pare down your products and skincare routine. It sounds like you’re switching around to several that do the same thing...may be overkill not to mention expensive. You also need to find one routine and stay with it for awhile...long enough to see if it’s working before adding or subtracting another product. Good luck...PTR Pads are the best I’ve tried (& I’ve tried many).