Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Looks like she won't be presenting the items herself as this link says   tune in for the show with Kat Von D Beauty Global Makeup Artist Erik Soto, 

Although the link also says items will be up online starting the 17th so that's exciting.

I'm afraid if she did present there would be a deluge of posts commenting about her body art.  It would distract from the brand.  Not that Kat could probably care less, or me for that matter, but I'd bet some would find it "inappropriate".  

Oh yeah I can only imagine....

Honored Contributor

Re: Kat von d on sept 21!

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Looks like she won't be presenting the items herself as this link says   tune in for the show with Kat Von D Beauty Global Makeup Artist Erik Soto, 

Although the link also says items will be up online starting the 17th so that's exciting.

I'm afraid if she did present there would be a deluge of posts commenting about her body art.  It would distract from the brand.  Not that Kat could probably care less, or me for that matter, but I'd bet some would find it "inappropriate".  

That's their problem, and those people probably aren't the target audience for her brand anyway but regardless it's not a reason for her not to present. And I could see her using her tattoo makeup cover anyway, like she has before. It showcases how well it covers. Similar to how Jamie Kern Lima demonstrates her foundation. 

Don't get me wrong, I know that QVC forums has an over abundance of closeminded old bittys posting but that shouldn't limit what is presented. There is plenty of Joan Rivers for those people. Aren't people always complaining they want more variety? Well, there ya go. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

That's their problem, and those people probably aren't the target audience for her brand anyway but regardless it's not a reason for her not to present. And I could see her using her tattoo makeup cover anyway, like she has before. It showcases how well it covers. Similar to how Jamie Kern Lima demonstrates her foundation. 

Don't get me wrong, I know that QVC forums has an over abundance of closeminded old bittys posting but that shouldn't limit what is presented. There is plenty of Joan Rivers for those people. Aren't people always complaining they want more variety? Well, there ya go. 

That is a great point- it is THEIR problem. And some of us would watch QVC more if they offered more of what interests us. If QVC wants to attract younger viewers, they need to start offering more from brands that interest them, regardless of the backlash they will get from some of the older viewers who have watched for 20 years or more (can't remember how long they say QVC has been around).

I personally am disappointed she is not going to be representing her line. I think she is beautiful.

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Some of the "old BIDDIES" can spell.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Some of the "old BIDDIES" can spell.

LOL that's the way I wrote it first but then went back and changed it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

ITA, but I wonder if all the Q execs sit at a table and consider this.  Typically, you see more more diverse brands and presenters on HSN.  The most cutting edge I can recall is Mally and that's not really out there on the edge.  Am I overlooking any?  I could be totally wrong.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for something fresh and new.  I'd love to see Kat present.  I bet she'd have some great tips and would be fun.  

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

ITA, but I wonder if all the Q execs sit at a table and consider this.  Typically, you see more more diverse brands and presenters on HSN.  The most cutting edge I can recall is Mally and that's not really out there on the edge.  Am I overlooking any?  I could be totally wrong.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for something fresh and new.  I'd love to see Kat present.  I bet she'd have some great tips and would be fun.  

By "cutting edge" do you mean just out of the norm- a bit more risque and not the usual colors, etc that we always see? If so, then no, not really. If you think about it, all of them- IT, Mally, Laura Geller, Bobbi Brown, Bare minerals, etc- have many of the same colors. Mally had her palettes which where from one of her TSVs with the AD option that had some interesting colors but that was rare. I think that is why Laura G's eyeshadow palette in the recent TSV was such a hit- it actually seemed a bit more interesting than the usual colors. Wander beauty is new and it is a little interesting to me but so far, all the colors of the products are just very basic. Same with Nudestix. At least with Nudestix it is a slightly different concept- all pencils, lol.

Frequent Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I'd also love to see her.  Although I think the makeup artist who is on now is doing great, I wish Kat would present her products personally.   I'm a fan of her mascara big time.  Do you think if we let QVC know that an audience would like to see her, they might try to get her on?

Honored Contributor

@TNRatPack I agree, he is doing a great job. I like his look alot. Very edgy yet classy. I am sure many of the regulars are aghast, lol.

I really like seeing the colors and demos for many of the things I've seen before but never really swatched out. Loving the lipstick and gloss they just showed. Pretty!

Honored Contributor

Re: Kat von d on sept 21!

[ Edited ]

I am going to have to try that directional blending that he showed.

And how awesome that they are showing ALL the swatches from the palette on THREE different skintones! Awesome idea and never done!!