Frequent Contributor

Kat Von D Disappointment QVC

I have waited for days to see the special QVC offers for Kat Von D and NOTHING!!!!  The prices are the same in most cases as Sephora and at the Q add on shipping.  I was waiting for some special kits etc.  If you bough the liptick duo separately at sephora it would be $1.00 more however once the Q throws the shipping at you no savings at all.  Extremely disappointed QVC

Frequent Contributor

Re: Kat Von D Disappointment QVC

I was disappointed for a different reason. I was happy to see 8 foundation colors. I thought there would be at least 2 dark colors. A dark tan/a light dark color and a deep color. I didn't have high hopes that my color (deep 66) would be there, but they jumped from medium 62 to deep 74. What? Oh well. I plan on buying another bottle during Sephora's VIB sale.
Trusted Contributor

Sounds like QVC did not plan this out very well, if they were hoping to get a large market share on these products.

I have never tried this line. How is the quality?

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Frequent Contributor

her products are great.  The eyshadows are amazing.  the lipsticks last all day even during eating etc.  I love her line however I was expecting some perk for shopping at the q like sets or special prices or even throwing in a brush with the eye palettes but nothing.

Super Contributor

The only deals that I see are for the mascara duo and the tattoo liner duo oh and maybe the foundation with the brush however I am disappointed also. 

Honored Contributor

I'm dissapointed too. First Kat isn't presenting the items herself according to the QVC information page and then there are no good kits. No Lightening liner, just the tattoo liner. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I'm dissapointed too. First Kat isn't presenting the items herself according to the QVC information page and then there are no good kits. No Lightening liner, just the tattoo liner. 

Not presenting herself?  Ouch.

I always get 'raised eyebrow' when a Named product isn't presented by said Name...especially personal products like cosmetics/fashion. 

Honored Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

Sounds like QVC did not plan this out very well, if they were hoping to get a large market share on these products.

I have never tried this line. How is the quality?

Excellent quality. Love her liners and eyeshadow palettes. Used to love her lip gloss but haven't bought any in a long time so not sure if they've changed.

Honored Contributor

Tattoo'd Kat too scary for Q audience?

If you buy from Sephora and you have the card or whatever they call it you acrue the points toward products.

Esteemed Contributor

jackthebear wrote:

Tattoo'd Kat too scary for Q audience?

If you buy from Sephora and you have the card or whatever they call it you acrue the points toward products.

This thread isn't about Sephora's Insider program, but since you brought it up that program stinks.  The amount you spend to accrue points just to get a little sample sized set of something is insulting... and I'm referring to the 500+ point gifts.  Sephora further offends me by only having the one big VIB discount sale per year.  I prefer the loyalty programs where the hundreds of dollars spent (the points) become money off future purchases throughout the year.  I've been able to step away from Sephora because over the past couple of years, most of the department stores in downtown Chicago have remodeled and improved their cosmetic departments.  This combined with buying from some online retailers (who do offer discounts off the purchase price), a few things from the shopping channels, and Ulta (where points are dollars), there's no reason for me to patronize Sephora.  I have made a grand total of TWO purchases there for the entire year of 2015.  I suppose they have thrown me out of the VIP Beauty Insiders and I don't care.