Respected Contributor

I have thinning hair due to heredity (I am 64) and i have been taking Tamoxifen for 2 years with 3 to go.  Not sure which method would be safest and which really works!  I have to meet with my oncologist next month and will ask him about this but wondered if anyone out there has used either of these.  Can you use both together?

Respected Contributor

Re: Karstique or laser comb???

I have alopecia (currently in remission) and have used Keranique and the Igrow (I don't know if they still sell it here).  I have had almost 100% regrowth and I lost about 1/2 my hair during the last bout.  You can use both together.

Honored Contributor

Yes, most hair-regrowth topicals, shampoos and conditioners can be used safely with a hair laser device. Just don't use a hair laser after you apply one of those 'fill-in' coloring products on your scalp...that will block the laser lights from reaching your follicles.

Honored Contributor

Kerinique System on HSN and infomercials is Minoxidil. Shampoo, conditioner include no active hair regrowth ingredients.

Once you stop using using Minoxidil or Rogaine, the regrowth falls out. It’s a lifetime commitment.

Honored Contributor

I was also going to say, Keranique contains Minoxidil, you can buy this at any drugstore.

Super Contributor

I have not used either yet, but, my derm said Keranique is only 2%....not strong enough. She recommende 5% which can be bought  at Walmart  very inexpensive. I'm going to try it.