Respected Contributor

I have crepey lids and have trouble with eyeliners.  Clinique cake liner has worked pretty well but only comes in black and brown.  How are these?

Valued Contributor

I have the Laura Geller kajal liners.  They're nice. Color is deep and the pencil is thick. They go on smooth but sometimes it feels too dry going on and tugs a bit.

Don't know why I keep buying eyeliner pencils though. I have much better luck with the cake eyeliners. The LG shadows double as a liner when they're wet.  For some reason I have more control with the brush than with the pencil. 

I also find the need to use eye makeup remover with the kajal liners.  

Helen852
Respected Contributor

THanks!  You just saved me $60!!  I don't like the dry tugging from a pencil either and I don't like makeup remover!  Purity and Beekman soap should do it.  Difficult removal is what I don't like about Josie mascara either.  Back to my Cover Girl!!

Trusted Contributor

I tried them before and found that they were way too big (the tip) and produced a much thicker line than I would like.  I prefer to use Smashbox Waterproof Kohl always sharp eyeliners, that way I can control how thick I want the line. With the Kajals you really can't control how thick it is. 

Super Contributor

I prefer a liquid liner for myself but if you like a pencil the Urban Decy 24/7 Glide On eyeliner pencils are great. They go on smoothly and are long lasting. They also have several colors.

I tried the Kaja eyeliners but they didn't work well for me. They were too soft and did not sharpen well for me.

Honored Contributor

I use a flat liner brush and apply a black powder shadow with a damp brush using a tight lining technique shown in this Laura Mercier vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfVZBShfV5c

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use a flat liner brush and apply a black powder shadow with a damp brush using a tight lining technique shown in this Laura Mercier vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfVZBShfV5c

@SilleeMee   Thanks for the great video. Tight lining is a technique difficult to describe w/o a video or showing it in person. I haven't found a video that concise. I would add that if using a powder shadow for this technique w/ a wet brush, it is not waterproof and often smears or ends up on bottom water line.

I prefer BB Gel liner in the pot w/ the same technique. If a shadow is preferred, TRISH McEvoy makes a product in a dropper bottle used to wet the brush or shadow that makes it waterproof. It's also too many steps, IMO, to wet the brush, form an exact texture in the LM Tight Lining Liner (not too wet or too dry) & have a spray bottle of water handy. Makeup should be much easier than this.