Honored Contributor

I've had this a few days but just tried it today and I see what all the fuss is about!  Tomorrow I'm going to compare it head to head with my favorite... Nars Light Reflecting foundation.  One on one said of my face and one on the other.  I've already thrown away the box so that means it's a keeper. (dry skin, no texture or visible pores).  I DO have dry skin but use enough hydrating products of different weights/formulas that my skin doesn't know it's dry.

Respected Contributor

Re: KOSAS Revealer Foundation

I can't wait to hear your review even thought we have completely opposite skin types.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I've had this a few days but just tried it today and I see what all the fuss is about!  Tomorrow I'm going to compare it head to head with my favorite... Nars Light Reflecting foundation.  One on one said of my face and one on the other.  I've already thrown away the box so that means it's a keeper. (dry skin, no texture or visible pores).  I DO have dry skin but use enough hydrating products of different weights/formulas that my skin doesn't know it's dry.

@monicakm - so happy you like it so far.  Looking forward to your side by side comparison

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I conducted my foundation test today between Kosas and Nars Light Reflecting.  In the end, it was a draw.  There was no appreciable difference between the two foundations.  I applied both with a damp beauty blender.  I did my normal skincare routine and then my Hourglass primer.  I know a lot of people don't use anything underneath when testing foundations but I think I need to apply what I would normally apply or it wouldn't be a true test (for me).  

Both looked beautiful.  The Nars might have had a wee bit more coverage  but only noticeable if you really studied my face and was looking for it.  Two to three hours later, the Kosas had just the tiniest lead by settling less in the fine lines.  Nothing you'd notice if you weren't looking for it.  At the end of the day they looked the same.  I did some light sweating but had on All Nighter setting spray.  Honestly the only thing I can say different about one over the other is that the Nars was just a little thicker and creamier consistency which felt a tiny bit more lux.  But, I think the only reason I even noticed was because I was looking for differences.  I would have to test them again but  if I HAD to choose, I guess I'd give it to Nars for the thicker more lux feel. To find any real differences is splitting hairs.  If you like either one, you'll like the other too.

If anyone else has both foundations would LOVE to know what your thoughts are.  Again, I'm super dry, no visible pores (unless I'm looking in a magnifying mirror) and no texture.  

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I went to eat at a restaurant about 40 miles from where we live and there was a Sephora there.  I had the SA test several shades of Kosas on me and not a match was found.  I am hard to match.  I would say I am a light medium neutral or warm just depending on the foundation.  I was so dissapointed.  I could not leave without buying something so I got Tower 28 sunscreen foundation. I never brag about anything until I have used for a few days.  This was a little light for me but can use some bronzer.  Using it yesterday on a bare face it took away my pores and evened my face color.  Also It dried down and was not sticky at all.  I could touch my face and not feel anything on it. I will use it a few more times before I give it a thumbs up.  I am so fickle that I may hate it next time I post.  It is one of the clean ingredient foundation/sunscreen.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm - I'm like you re the primer under foundation when trying out or comparing products.  I test a new foundation just like I would normally wear it - with primer.  Sometimes I'll test it out with different primers too.  Otherwise how can I tell whether or not it will work for me.  Glad your test went so well.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet  - finding a foundation that works is difficult.  Hope you like the Tower 28 and it works for you.

Valued Contributor

@chiclet @JudyL 

Morning Ladies ,

I just purchased the Tower 28 tinted mositurizer .I am really liking it . Here in NYC it is recommended to wear masks indoors .  Wearing foundation to work with my oily acne prone skin under a mask is impossible and causes breakouts and clogged pores .  I wanted something that was lightweight with a bit of coverage . This is really nice . I will soon be 59 so I can't do a matte finish . I also use the Kosas concealer and it is really nice . It plays really well with my under eye corrector 

Honored Contributor

@marmarbrooklyn 

I will soon be 59 so I can't do a matte finish

Why?  I'm 62 again and I love matte finishes.  I wear natural finishes too but a matte finish is my favorite.  Glowy finishes on me = a sweaty look.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm 

Hi ! I have large pores and actually find that too matte a finish can settle in them and actaully  make them look more pronounced . I agree I don't like too glowy either . My favorite would be satin finish . Have a great day