Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

ITA.  Funny & cute the first couple of times - wore thin.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I am not quite sure who QVC is targeting with Kim Gravel's so called "Talk Show" but it sure isn't me.......

Respected Contributor

I thought the show was light hearted and good.  I think it was fun.

Esteemed Contributor
I don’t watch a lot of reality TV, so I don’t know if Kim is a big “get” or not. I also haven’t seen the show, so my comments are more general.

Given that many of Q’s hosts come from a broadcasting background, it seems that they have many people more suited to an interviewing format and who have been trained as hosts. Doesn’t Courtney Cason already do some sort of show on YouTube or something? Maybe turn that into a show. I just personally don’t understand taking a vendor and making them a host.
Super Contributor

Because this show was supposed to be something different, I watched.  I also would have thought they would pull out all stops for the first show.  I saw nothing more than sales presentations.  She introduced her friend, but what value did that add?  I may watch one more time but if the show offers nothing more than the same products I can find in videos, then I will take a pass from then on.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Shanus, Thought you would be interested to know Kim’s show was repeated Sunday morning on QVC2.  Your thoughts?  I did not watch.

Also interesting about the relationship between HSN and QVC.  

I am stocking up on body creams now.  Thought I might try the Beekman whipped body cream, so I googled it.  Surprise!

While HSN has one description for this 8 oz. whipped size, they are also offering a two-for one on the same exact product, same size, good assortment of scents.  It is $36.95 for two 8 oz. tubs, and free shipping.  I also locked into auto-delivery, same price, no shipping, delivery every 90 days.

The scents are more limited in auto-ship, but I found what I wanted.

They do have the hand cream tubes, two at a time, no shipping, $19.95 every 60 days.  Same price per tube as QVC, in packs of three.

I ordered by phone and asked rep why they had the bargain on the Beekman body creams, and she said sometimes things are just done differently between QVC and HSN.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Hi @Shanus, Thought you would be interested to know Kim’s show was repeated Sunday morning on QVC2.  Your thoughts?  I did not watch.

Also interesting about the relationship between HSN and QVC.  

I am stocking up on body creams now.  Thought I might try the Beekman whipped body cream, so I googled it.  Surprise!

While HSN has one description for this 8 oz. whipped size, they are also offering a two-for one on the same exact product, same size, good assortment of scents.  It is $36.95 for two 8 oz. tubs, and free shipping.  I also locked into auto-delivery, same price, no shipping, delivery every 90 days.

The scents are more limited in auto-ship, but I found what I wanted.

They do have the hand cream tubes, two at a time, no shipping, $19.95 every 60 days.  Same price per tube as QVC, in packs of three.

I ordered by phone and asked rep why they had the bargain on the Beekman body creams, and she said sometimes things are just done differently between QVC and HSN.

@PamfromCT   If I didn’t care for it the first time it was served, I sure wouldn’t take seconds. 😄

Honored Contributor

A long time ago I enjoyed the morning show where Pat and Dan sat at a table, had mugs and sweet rolls on the table and chatted and sold things.

I was totally hooked on that as a way to start my day.  Then some cross people started to complain that there was food on the table (did the same thing with Jeanne (sp?) Bice, which I thought was simply fat shaming).

But I thought it was a good combination of chatting, laughing and selling.

Contributor

I agree. Had expected something different. Like you, I would have enjoyed a one-on-one interview with 1-2 vendors, without a sidekick. But at least she was more improvisational and less censored than long time hosts who tend to be more subdued and afraid of saying the wrong thing. Her program, I believe, is on a trial basis.

Super Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

A long time ago I enjoyed the morning show where Pat and Dan sat at a table, had mugs and sweet rolls on the table and chatted and sold things.

I was totally hooked on that as a way to start my day.  Then some cross people started to complain that there was food on the table (did the same thing with Jeanne (sp?) Bice, which I thought was simply fat shaming).

But I thought it was a good combination of chatting, laughing and selling.

I loved Pat and Dan's morning show.