Respected Contributor

Just sharing a "beauty tip"......

I buy Josie Marian's big tub of her unscented body butter. I have several of her travel size body butter containers that I have saved. I fill them with the unscented body butter and put a few drops of my favorite essential oils scent. This works so nice and this way I can control how much scent I want and also I have my favorite at all times. 😍
Respected Contributor

Re: Just sharing a "beauty tip"......

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
I buy Josie Marian's big tub of her unscented body butter. I have several of her travel size body butter containers that I have saved. I fill them with the unscented body butter and put a few drops of my favorite essential oils scent. This works so nice and this way I can control how much scent I want and also I have my favorite at all times. 😍

This is such a great idea. I am no overly sensitive to scents, but I know some are. With that being said, I have had some of her scented B.B. in the past that I did not care for. I’ve been using one I got late winter last year. It’s Warm Toasted Sugar. I really like it. I did just order the Caramel Apple and can’t wait for it. What are some of your favorite essential oil scents? @Naturesbeauty  What brand are your essential oils? Thanks for sharing! 😊

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

This is such a great idea. I am no overly sensitive to scents, but I know some are. With that being said, I have had some of her scented B.B. in the past that I did not care for. I’ve been using one I got late winter last year. It’s Warm Toasted Sugar. I really like it. I did just order the Caramel Apple and can’t wait for it. What are some of your favorite essential oil scents? @Naturesbeauty  What brand are your essential oils? Thanks for sharing! 😊

@wvumountiefan I love citrus. So some of my favorite scents are orange, lemon, satsuma. I love peppermint, lavender. I find I can get a lot of nice essential oils at Marshalls. Also I find some at my vitamin store. But most of your. stores sell essential oils now. I also purchase from Young Living. Hope this helps. ❤️
Respected Contributor

Hope this helps.......
Honored Contributor

@Naturesbeauty,      Great idea.  I have been using essential oils since 1990 when I was introduced to them when I lived in CA.  They serve so many purposes.  I love to use in room sprays (I make my own) and a mist diffuser.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Brilliant! Great tip @Naturesbeauty. I have sensitive, often very reactive skin but I really miss not having any scent in lotions and body butters although I have used Josie's Vanilla Pear--wonderful scent--with no problems.

But, with your idea, I can experiment by adding a tiny amount of essential oil to a small amount of the unscented body butter and, if I react, I haven't ruined the whole jar.

Thanks again.