Regular Contributor

Re: Just received my WEN CLV today- my inital impression of the scent

I used the RTM yesterday afternoon and realized that I can only use the CC in this scent.  The RTM is too strong and gives me a headache. I'm glad that I got the 3 pc set so I could try it before buying the 6oz duo. Bummer.  IMO the CC smells different than the RTM and the oil.

Respected Contributor

I was surprised that the 3pc is still available. dang near unheard of. I wonder if these scent reviews are to blame. I can't do coconut, so it doesn't matter to me, but it is strange for a 3pc seasonal to last like this.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Regular Contributor

It's interesting how everyone interprets the fragrance.  I smell mostly lime and can hardly detect coconut. To me it smells fresh. The SMC to me smells mostly of coconut, but yet some say they mostly smell mango (I don't smell any mango).  I have a really sensitive nose and can usually smell things others don't even detect (which I think is why I get headaches so easily from certain smells). I kind of want to do some research online about how people interpret scents because I find it fascinating.

Honored Contributor

@Kjelle wrote:
I was surprised that the 3pc is still available. dang near unheard of. I wonder if these scent reviews are to blame. I can't do coconut, so it doesn't matter to me, but it is strange for a 3pc seasonal to last like this.

I haven't looked at reviews (I don't anymore since QVC isn't transparent about them)- what are people saying about the scent? That really does have to be unheard of before, or perhaps they brought more in than usual since the 3pc sets are always popular and usually sell out too quickly?

Respected Contributor

I used the CLV again today. This time I used it with the glossing serum. I have to say I liked it more with the serum. The serum seemed to smooth out the fluffiness/frizz I get with this formula. I am going to experiment with more of the seasonals with the serum. I don't think the seasonals dry my hair out, they just don't give me the frizz control I need. My hair gets very frizzy because it is wavy. The serum seems to do the trick. I like the scent of the CLV. It is refreshing and summery. Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

okay I am going to admit something here. The reason I do not like the BBW CLV scent is because when people wear it, I often get a whiff of what smells like to is, well, let's say, human gas emitting from that which shall not be named. I KNOW it sounds crazy, really I do, but it does. To me. I am not sure what causes that but if that could be removed, lol, I'd probably love the scent.

Respected Contributor

Why is this thread listed about 10 times?  They really need to improve this site.  

Respected Contributor

@Susan25 wrote:

Why is this thread listed about 10 times?  They really need to improve this site.  

If you're looking at the Wen tag link it'll show each individual response so if ten people responded since the last time you read the thread it'll show it ten times. I stopped using the Wen tag link and just skimmed through the Beauty forum for Wen posts.