Valued Contributor

Re: Just received my WEN CLV today- my inital impression of the scent

Haven't tried it on my hair yet but love the scent. Think its a ligher version of BBW Verbana & doens't smell as perfumey. I got the GR version so the scent may be lighter than QVC? Like it a lot, its one of my favorite scents so far. the texture is 'lighter' than some of other seasonals.

Honored Contributor

Okay so here are my results:

It is not drying so far so that is good. But it also isn't moisturizing for my hair-so just kind of normal, if that makes sense.

I agree with another poster that says it doesn't give very much shine. It isn't dull either, I've just been spoiled with SHP's amazing shine. Smiley Very Happy

My hair has remained tangle free all day- yay! Only SHP has done that, although SMC is pretty good at it too.

My hair is smooth and not poofy like some people experience. It does NOT give me more volume but I really don't want or need volume. My hair feels light though, not heavy or weighed down. It feels good and healthy.

The scent DEFINITELY lingers in my hair, which, in this case, isn't a good thing for me. My husband likes the scent on my hair but to me, it is a bit much since I'm not thrilled about it but it also isn't a deal breaker like FAS  was (not even close to the FAS fiasco).

Overall, just after one use, I'm fairly impressed with this one. I won't be using it anymore so I can't say long-term how it would be in terms of drying (or not) but with others, I felt the dryness right away so I was happy this one did NOT do that. However, because I love SHP so much and can still get it and I love SMC as well, I won't repurchase this one. But it is pretty nice, probably behind SMC (or at least in my top 5 favorites).

Honored Contributor

@segrl21 wrote:

Haven't tried it on my hair yet but love the scent. Think its a ligher version of BBW Verbana & doens't smell as perfumey. I got the GR version so the scent may be lighter than QVC? Like it a lot, its one of my favorite scents so far. the texture is 'lighter' than some of other seasonals.

ALL the seasonal formulas are the same ingredient-wise at both QVC and GR. It is only the cores that have different formulas.

I think the QVC is a fairly light scent, I just am not a fan of the BBW scent so even though it isn't super strong, it still smells like it and I'm not a fan. If that makes sense.

Respected Contributor

HappyDaze, thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you liked this one okay. I had a feeling you would like it more than I did. I think it's going to have to be something special to be able to top summer honey peach for you. Anyways, it is great to have that holy grail cc that you can't get enough of. I'm still searching for mine. I love tea tree as my first cleanse, but I'm still searching for that perfect second cleanse cc. For now, it's lavender and fig, but I know one day I will find something better. I hope that one day Chaz can make something that tops summer honey peach for you, too. I guess that's the fun of it. It just keeps getting better and better!!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
You're welcome, Hilary. It really was a nice one. My hair feels silky and smooth even after being outside most of the day.

I really hope you find a second cleanse you love. Looks like it may not be in the next year unfortunately since he isn't bringing us new seasonals. Hey but wait, just because he isn't doing new seasonals doesn't mean he isn't bringing any new CCs out right? Maybe a new kids wen or?? So what would YOU like in a perfect CC?
Respected Contributor

HappyDaze, I would love for Chaz to do a super moisturizing rice based cc without amino acids added. Something similar to fig, but rice based.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

Just tried CLV for the first time today.  I really like the scent and performance of this formula. I think I like the scent better than SMC.  I will definitely enjoying using it and will decide if I want to purchase more in a few weeks.  Although, I still have a stash of unopened Wen cleansing conditioners and don't really need anymore.  SHP is still my favorite overall Wen formula and I am still hoping that this becomes a permanent selection. 

Honored Contributor

HappyDaze,

As expected, we concur.  SHP reigns supreme!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

HappyDaze,

As expected, we concur.  SHP reigns supreme!

LOL, yes, yes it does. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Second day hair on CLV is very good. No frizz, silky and smooth, very little tangles to comb out. I really do think the formula is very nice.