Respected Contributor

I used regular and brown sugar, raw honey (that I purchase from a local bee keeper), and argan oil. Anyone else make body scrubs, and if so what do you like to use? Please share! 

Trusted Contributor

I've made one using some of those ingredients with coffee grounds but I hate to make a mess in my shower. It made my skin smooth though. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan,   A couple of years ago, I had listed home beauty products on this forum.  Baking soda has so many uses.  You can use it with water for an exfoliator but I was not that crazy about it.  I can't remember if I tried the body scrub but I did try the lip exfoliator which was brown sugar and a little oil.  I love cucumber slices for the eyes as they remove puffiness.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't made any scrubs.  I had honey in the bathroom for a mask and it attracted ants!

I found that I like salt scrubs better than sugar. I've been picking them up at TJMaxx for $5.99.   I buy the coffee, salt scrubs when they have them.  I try to use a scrub 2 or 3 times a week.

Honored Contributor

I don't make my own products because it's much more time- and cost-effective to just buy them readymade. Plus I don't care to store my skincare in the fridge and use it up within 2 weeks.

Regarding baking soda, plz don't use that on the skin. It is very alkaline and wrecks the acid mantle. Which causes all kinds of problems. Skin needs to stay pretty acidic. Alkaline is great for food, but bad for skin.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Tried to make my own bath fizzies and it was a mess, they fizze themselves out of the molds and all over my table. Not fun at all

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

it's fun to make your own scrubs!   I use olive oil,sugar and a variety of botanical oils

Honored Contributor

I don't really use body scrubs per se, I prefer a Salux cloth.  That said, I have such an abundance of Skinn DermAppeal from assorted kits that I've started using it a little in the shower, mainily on my neck, decolette, elbows, and heels, just to use up some of it.

Honored Contributor

I purchase TJoe's seasonal salt scrubs and use a couple of times a week.  It works for me and is inexpensive.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the Salux cloth too! So much so that a couple years ago I'd ordered a large quanity for holiday gifts. Everyone got one and the feedback I've received confirmed this as a great and a bit out of the ordinary gift to receive.  I also ordered a courser heavy duty texture for my hard working landscape guys. It has been an all around hit. Great customer service  too! 

This year I stumbled upon Spongelle on the view your deal dot com. Absolutely adorable soap saturated sponges in so many delectable scents with one side being more exfoliating. There's even specific foot items and some scents for the guys. A ton of products, even an Xmas shaped ornament sponge. Their lotions look inviting too. I just wish there was a multi scent sampler cause picking just one is hard.  Very much a fun site to visit and very glad to have taken the opportunity to try some of the products. Eeny meeny mighty mo...which to give and which to keep.....