Honored Contributor

Just in case this works for anyone besides me......

For the last several months, I've had a bad case of "checkerboarding" on my right cheek.

It looks like the cross hatching on a trellis like you see under a portch.

Otherwise, I have reasonably decent skin for someone who has ondergone a major weight loss.

I think mine may have happened during an eye surgery a while back, when my eye ball was partially removed and replaced, so I had retractors all over my cheeks.

ANYWAY, the other day I was given a sample of what was supposed to be 100% pure Argon Oil. 

After using it under my Regenerist Night Serum, the cross hatching has definitely gotten much better, almost invisible.

Just wanted to mention it, for any of you Josie fans or potential Josie fans.

Respected Contributor

Re: Just in case this works for anyone besides me......

Thank you for the tip. I will be experiencing significant weight loss over the next year. I just tried Argan oil for the very first time last night. I used it on my lower arms and face. Very moisturizing but not greasy. I was thinking about using it on my upper arms and stomach to see if it helps with stretch marks and loose skin.
Respected Contributor

PS...I got mine from vitacost. It's organic and is $12 for 2 oz. trying to decide if I should order the Josie supersize to see if it's really better and worth the high price.
Esteemed Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
PS...I got mine from vitacost. It's organic and is $12 for 2 oz. trying to decide if I should order the Josie supersize to see if it's really better and worth the high price.

100% pure Argan Oil is all the same and buying Josie's you are paying for her name. Smiley Happy

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Rachb wrote:

100% pure Argan Oil is all the same and buying Josie's you are paying for her name. Smiley Happy

You are so right.  I purchased mine from Amazon.  It is organic, cold-pressed, from Morocco, 4 ounces, for a reasonable price.  The brand name is Majestic Pure Cosmeceuticals, but there are others out there.  Who doesn't want to save money when you can?  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Dear Violann,  I am so sorry you had to go through such an ordeal.  I am sure your surgery was worth it, but you don't have to suffer through those marks on your check.  I do layer Argan Oil lightly on my face twice a day, let sink in, and then put other softeners on top, like you described.  Nothing is going to make me look young again, but I think it helps keep my skin in good shape.  You can see my other posting re where I purchased my product.  Best of luck and good health to you.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, all. Very reassuring. I'll definitely continue to purchase from vitacost!
Honored Contributor

I happened to catch a Josie Maran show yesterday in which she clearly stated that there are no other Argan oils on the market that are first cold-pressed. That is a flat-out mistruth. There are many, many brands that produce such oil.

Shea Terra Organics is one of them. It is also organic, and the company is very invested in environmental issues and fair trade.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I happened to catch a Josie Maran show yesterday in which she clearly stated that there are no other Argan oils on the market that are first cold-pressed. That is a flat-out mistruth. There are many, many brands that produce such oil.

Shea Terra Organics is one of them. It is also organic, and the company is very invested in environmental issues and fair trade.

I know, I cannot believe she says that- I've heard her say it too. She also implies all the other argan oil products contain other things than just 100% argan oil. I noticed she started saying all this when people realized that hers wasn't the only game out there and that you can find the product for alot less. It is simply a scare tactic and I find it disingenuous.

Honored Contributor

TJ Maxx has sooooo many argan oil brands. It's interesting to look at them and read their 'story' on the bottle-I like to know where it comes from, etc.