Respected Contributor

Re: Just got carded at 67! - guess my skincare is working...LOL!

I am sure you look fab, OP, but many grocery stores have a policy to card EVERYONE who is buying alchohol. You could be 95 and look it, they'd still card you. Sort of a one-policy-for-everyone thing.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

awesome!

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Goldie76 said:

Okay, Blondelle, I've got a few questions for you, if you choose to respond:

1. Did both of your parents have young-looking skin as they aged?

2. Do you stay out of the sun at all costs? If so, did you ever try to tan?

3. What moisturizers (day and night) and foundation do you use?

4. Do you faithfully eat a healthy diet?

These are the contributing factors I can think of.

Thanks! And congrats on tricking Father Time!

Happy to answer!

1) My mom always looked young and still looks good for her age. Very little sagging. My dad did have sun damage and showed his age.

2) I did the whole sun reflector thing in my teens and twenties. I started wearing sunscreen in my late thirties when it became known the sun was damaging. I've been wearing it every day since then.

3) I don't really use moisturizers unless it's part of the SPF or a CC cream I use. I've been using the Ole Henricksen Truth Serum vitamin C collagen booster for about 4 months, the Alpha Hydrox Retinol Resq for 2-3 months, and just started using the Alpha Hydrox glycolic 14% serum for day. My skin evened out so much from these I just wear the Revision Intellishade SPF 45 tinted moisturizer matte for day as a foundation, and just dab on some Simply Ageless cream foundation where needed as a concealer. I don't wash my face mostly, and just use the Thayer alcohol free rose toner day and night to cleanse. Lazy I guess. My skin looked worse when I used the Clarisonic and facial wash. Also use the Revision Nectifirm day and night on my neck.

My diet is mixed. I make green smoothies a few times a week in the Vitamix, and try and eat healthy, but I do love my ribs, steak, fries and chips. Haven't been eating too many sweets and eat lots of fruit. I'm also not skinny at a size 12 which helps fill things out!

Just have a few lines around my eyes and no other wrinkles, no sinking of facial contours but some laxity under the chin and on jawline, but not too much. The Nectifirm is helping with that.

I've always looked younger than my age. Good genes I guess. Hope this helps someone!

Honored Contributor

You mean you really don't look under 21 when you're over 60?

Valued Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

I am sure you look fab, OP, but many grocery stores have a policy to card EVERYONE who is buying alchohol. You could be 95 and look it, they'd still card you. Sort of a one-policy-for-everyone thing.

My late MIL used to get so upset because they would ask her for ID, even though she was in her late seventies. It was store policy, but she thought they should use common sense.

Valued Contributor

I buy beer all the time but that's the first time it happened. The 14% AHA was the only new thing I added. The store signs say that they card if you're under 40. I don't understand that either! It's not everyone that's carded, at least in NYC. Kitty, I don't know how young I look, only that I looked young enough be asked for ID. Very happy with that :-).

Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

lots of restaurants (especially the chain restaurants) are doing the same thing.....they automatically ask for ID to protect themselves. there are some chains that had gotten in trouble for not carding people so carding everyone just makes it a lot easier and then no worries.....plus you never know who is an undercover cop.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 Blondelle said:

I buy beer all the time but that's the first time it happened. The 14% AHA was the only new thing I added. The store signs say that they card if you're under 40. I don't understand that either! It's not everyone that's carded, at least in NYC. Kitty, I don't know how young I look, only that I looked young enough be asked for ID. Very happy with that :-).

Don't worry.

Be happy.

Super Contributor

How about my Medicare card.

I have to remember that if I ever get carded!

Regular Contributor

Here's another funny. ( in a sad way)

I took my 16 yr. old granddaughter to school this morning for her senior photos. One of the photographers said, " hey mom, you can come on back with her if you want to." I said OK and walked back to the shoot area. Then I told him, " I'm her Grandmother." He looked and said really. I figured he was just being kind.

But my granddaughter told me later, " Grammie, you could be my mom because I have a friend here whose parents are older than you and Papa. He was a memopause baby. They always say they are blessed with a miracle baby.

That made me smile. The first smile I've had in the last two months since the death of my own miracle baby.