Super Contributor

Just found a "new" to me brand

[ Edited ]

of  skincare that reminds me of Isomers/Perricone products.

Its called NIOD (Amazon). Made in Canada, very expensive* and 

product description (scroll to bottom of page) is so technical that it's 

nearly unreadable!

I wouldn't be surprised if either Isomers or Dr. P have some involvement here....

the Names/prices of the products remind me of Dr. Ps, and the descriptions remind me of Isomers.

The bottles are dark brown and except for the labels, they all look alike.

Also, a brand called "the Ordinary" is on Amazon, too, which I've been seeing mentioned lately.

(*there is a "starter" kit for $29).

Anyway, check NIOD out and post what you think!

Respected Contributor

Re: Just found a "new" to me brand

Be careful when buying make up or skin care on Amazon. I have read that people who order the item elsewhere, and then on Amazon say that it is not the same product. Sometimes it is very watery. Some products that are sold should say “authorized dealer.”

Respected Contributor

I rarely buy beauty products (skin, hair)  from Amazon because there are too many complaints about fakes.  Also, prices are often higher than buying direct.

Honored Contributor

Source, Harper’s Bazaar Australia 

The Ordinary is just one of many brands owned by Toronto-based company Deciem. While The Ordinary is undoubtedly Deciem's most popular export, it's joined by Niod, Hylamide, Chemistry Brand, Stemm, Fountain, HIF, AB Crew and Esho. All brands have slighty different skews, however, they share the same values: science-backed formulas, no marketing campaigns, and suspiciously low price tags.
The New Yorker labelled The Ordinary as Deciem's "gateway brand". (And we tend to agree.) So what is the difference between The Ordinary and Deciem's next most popular brands Niod and Hylamide? Here, we break it down:

THE ORDINARY

The Ordinary is focused on delivering effective skincare to consumers at an extremely low price tag. For example, the brand's best-selling Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 retails for just $12.90.
How can they afford to keep their prices so low? According to The Ordinary, their products are based on ingredients that have been studied for many years. They buy these tried-and-tested ingredients in bulk, making the products relatively cheap to manufacture. The low price points of The Ordinary products are an honest reflection of the manufacturing costs. Deciem founder Brandon Truaxe created the brand after working for a skincare lab and learning about the huge mark up on other skincare products.
Navigating through The Ordinary's catalogue can be confusing to many consumers, as the products are usually named after chemical compounds. However, it's worth cracking the code to figure out what each of the raw ingredients does, because The Ordinary products work.

NIOD

One of Deciem's other well-known brands is NIOD.
NIOD stands for Non Invasive Options in Dermatology. Its packaging and formulas are a little more luxe than The Ordinary so as a result, the prices are slightly higher.
While The Ordinary is based on tried-and-tested chemical compounds, NIOD is a little more experimental and focuses on long-term results.The brand focuses on new-gen technology and pushing the limits of science in skincare. If Deciem chemists discover a revolutionary new ingredient, it'll soon turn up in a NIOD product.
NIOD products are a little more complex than their counterparts at The Ordinary. For example, NIOD's answer to The Ordinary's best-selling Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 serum is called the Multi-Molecular Hyaluronic Complex. At $50, it's a little more pricey and contains a more advanced hyaluronic acid formulation, complete with 15 forms of HA.

HYLAMIDE

So we've established that The Ordinary is simple and affordable, while NIOD is more luxurious and high-performance. Hylamide falls somewhere in the middle.
Hylamide packaging is colourful and less minimalistic than The Ordinary. With user-friendly product names including Booster Pore Control, Booster Sensitive Fix and High-Efficiency Face Cleaner, Hylamide is a little easier to navigate than The Ordinary.
Respected Contributor

very interesting.. wondering if they are publicly traded. maybe a stock purchsase...

Esteemed Contributor

NIOD is one of Deciem's skincare lines as is The Ordinary. You could look on Deciem's website directly as they do ship to the U.S.

Trusted Contributor

Didn't the owner commit suicide or something?  It was very odd.  Online rants, etc.

Valued Contributor

This has been mentioned before on this board, Estée Lauder acquires an ownership interest in deciem, the ordinary etc. a few years ago. Very sad turn of eventS, deciem’s founder (Brandon truaxe) became very unstable, stripped of his ceo duties and passed away earlier this year. I haven’t used deciem or the ordinary but I did use hylamide (it was available at CVS) and was impressed.
Honored Contributor

Eva Naturals is another brand on Amazon with very low price tags and quality ingredients. 

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Be careful when buying make up or skin care on Amazon. I have read that people who order the item elsewhere, and then on Amazon say that it is not the same product. Sometimes it is very watery. Some products that are sold should say “authorized dealer.”

You got that right, sister!  I never trust beauty items from Amazon or eBay.  I've see news reports and read them online about fakes being sold, or product being replaced in the container & sold as the real thing.  Some well known vendors have bought them, tested them & determined them to be fake.  I'd rather spend my $$ on the real McCoy, even if it is more expensive.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.