Trusted Contributor

Re: Just curious...why does WEN use menthol?

Wen followers seem to be overly defensive of Wen. As with any product, not all can use it with good results. The world will continue to spin.

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Lila4now said:

Wen followers seem to be overly defensive of Wen. As with any product, not all can use it with good results. The world will continue to spin.

Wen haters seem to be overly offensive of Wen. As with any product, some can use it, some can't, some don't want to. Yes, the world will continue to spin.

Trusted Contributor

Good one okiebug!! Smiley Happy
live....laugh....love
Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 bruingirl said: Good one okiebeug!! Smiley Happy

I am not a WEN hater (I know you were not specifically referring to me) because I do use some of his products which I find exceptional. As with any line people are giving opinions and sharing information about ingredients etc which I think may be helpful to others. I hope you don't include these in your "haters" category. We are all adults here, and can come to our own conclusions and do what we wish with them.

Honored Contributor

okiebug,

Thank you.

Absolutely, pick and choose your products, spend your funds as you please, and if it doesn't work, or you hate it, for heaven's sake move on, no biggie. Go for it, say why you didn't like it, or why it didn't work for you.

But why all the hate on Chaz Dean?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Crisso said:
On 3/2/2015 bruingirl said: Good one okiebeug!! Smiley Happy

I am not a WEN hater (I know you were not specifically referring to me) because I do use some of his products which I find exceptional. As with any line people are giving opinions and sharing information about ingredients etc which I think may be helpful to others. I hope you don't include these in your "haters" category. We are all adults here, and can come to our own conclusions and do what we wish with them.

Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Lila4now said:

nm

Super Contributor

So sorry. I tried to edit but ended pushing the wrong keys!

Honored Contributor

To answer the question of menthol it is used for many reasons an is in most shampoos, using many names.

Menthol cleanses the scalp, and removes dead skin cells that can clog follicles.

it rids the hair of hair mites *which are microscopic) that feed on follicle food. (medicinal)

it adds sheen and fullness

it promotes hair growth and actually helps hair loss

I do not agree with Paula's interpretation of menthol. It is too general and be taken too broadly/ There are many types of menthol,JMHO

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 shoekitty said:

To answer the question of menthol it is used for many reasons an is in most shampoos, using many names.

Menthol cleanses the scalp, and removes dead skin cells that can clog follicles.

it rids the hair of hair mites *which are microscopic) that feed on follicle food. (medicinal)

it adds sheen and fullness

it promotes hair growth and actually helps hair loss

I do not agree with Paula's interpretation of menthol. It is too general and be taken too broadly/ There are many types of menthol,JMHO

Can you tell us what these types are? Not being snarky - I really do want to know so I can do more research. TIA