Respected Contributor

I am watching Kirsten present the Urban Decay Moondust palette which is an all sparkle palette. On the initial model she is talking about how if you use these there will not be glitter all over the cheeks, and clearly there is glitter sparkles on the models cheeks. 

Now, I use and love a lot of UD products, but most glitter eyeshadows when applied dry are gonna travel. I always dip in this type of shadow and then spray the shadow while it’s on the brush. This helps lessen the fall out but there may still be some land on my face. I will also use a glitter glue sometimes. 

I just think the hosts need to be honest, to lessen how silly they look when the model is shown. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan   i have this pallete.  the glitter does not travel. they  are almost like a cream. its actually more of a very shimmery, and not that big clunky gliter.  it's a very nice pallette especially for evening wear.   

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan 

I will not watch Kirsten present anything.  She will say anything trying to sell a product, and many times, it's an exaggeration. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the recommendation!  

I just purchased this Urban Decay eyeshadow set because of this forum discussion.

I rarely sit and watch all the QVC beauty shows but I do like a sparkly eyeshadow!

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@wvumountiefan   i have this pallete.  the glitter does not travel. they  are almost like a cream. its actually more of a very shimmery, and not that big clunky gliter.  it's a very nice pallette especially for evening wear.   

I watched the UD lady apply it and she did Wet the shadow on the brush before she applied and I didn’t see any fall out on that application. Maybe on the initial model shown when I saw sparkle on her cheeks, they may have applied hers dry. I don’t know. It is a beautiful palette and if I didn’t have so many Colourpop shimmer shadows, it would be tempting. 😊

Honored Contributor

Fallout is the bane of any eyeshadow application. I do agree that the shimmery shadows have a tendency to fallout. Wetting the brush so it’s damp helps. I think a primer applied to the lids helps too with adherence.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼