Honored Contributor

Just Stash A Few Of These Away....

[ Edited ]

Fill your gift closet....for your friends...for the teacher......for the holidays.....just buy 4 or 5 ... or more!

REALLY?   These hosts use car salesman tactics.... Carolyn is the worst one.  She said she was buying several and for herself......

I think  many of you are buying 4 or 5 Tarte TS's too......right?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just Stash A Few Of These Away....

It’s not gonna happen. In fact, since it’s just my husband and me we haven’t bought Christmas gifts for each other for the last three years. We’ve been sprucing up the house and that’s our Christmas all year long, plus we both had cataract surgery this year so we have the gift of sight.  We stopped buying for friends also. It’s so nice not to have go Christmas shopping unless I want something or it’s on a great sale. 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

It’s not gonna happen. In fact, since it’s just my husband and me we haven’t bought Christmas gifts for each other for the last three years. We’ve been sprucing up the house and that’s our Christmas all year long, plus we both had cataract surgery this year so we have the gift of sight.  We stopped buying for friends also. It’s so nice not to have go Christmas shopping unless I want something or it’s on a great sale. 

@Meowingkitty  Everything you said! I had cataract surgery this year too!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Fill your gift closet....for your friends...for the teacher......for the holidays.....just buy 4 or 5 ... or more!

REALLY?   These hosts use car salesman tactics.... Carolyn is the worst one.  She said she was buying several and for herself......

I think  many of you are buying 4 or 5 Tarte TS's too......right?

Well, of course, @SeaMaiden.  I've got to stash away for the shampoo girl, crossing guard, doctor's office staff, etc.!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind what the hosts say;  my TV is silent right now anyway, but I actually get a laugh when people who watch the shopping channels complain when the hosts and vendors tout what they're selling.  Sorry, all, but I even laugh at myself when I find I'm talking back to something they just said.

By the way -  when my birthday club was still showing up to our lunches with gifts for the celebrant, I did buy ahead.  Some of the women acttually bought nearly identical gifts for all 15 of us!  They found something, bought them, and were finished. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my gosh I know what you mean. When they say this stuff I sometimes LOL and think sure, I will buy and put away for trash hauler, meat cutter, pharmacy tech, doctor, random ppl i meet LMBO!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

What the hosts say has no effect on me.....especially when it comes to Christmas....DH and do not buy for each other, I buy for 1 friend and we buy for the kids and grands....that's it

Respected Contributor

I have NEVER finished an eyeshadow palette (or any blush, or highlighter).  So, I don't know how many eyeshadow/face palette one needs.

Honored Contributor

At least they got off the pumpkin patch thing and went on to the gift closet. 

Did everyone forget Thanksgiving is in between there?

Valued Contributor

This mentality encourages hoarding. I've seen episodes of Hoarders where rooms full of unopened shipping boxes are highlighted.