Respected Contributor

Re: Just Sent My Husband to the Cosmetic Counter!

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@Harpa wrote:

After 14 married years!

I can't wait to see what he comes home with!

Finally got Wet n' Wild at WM, and I got the lightest shade of gel lip liner. Since he's going and I'm staying home, I asked him to pick up the medium & dark shades of the gel liners for me. Nice formula for a lip liner (which I'll use all over my lips) and very inexpensive to boot!

Any other darling husbands out there?

What other Wet n' Wild things do you all like?

OP you don't explain why you didn't go? Sure, my dh would get me anything I wanted but why was it so urgent that he had to go??

@ID2, first of all, what difference does it make? Second of all, why would it have to be "urgeny?" Third of all, it's none of our business why @Harpa might not have gone.

What an odd comment.

Same thought here......Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@ID2 Maybe a great sale or maybe it is a distance and he was going to be passing by.I can think of more reasons but none of them would work for my DH.

Trusted Contributor

I don't anymore because he buys the wrong things. Once I wanted a Revlon Christmas gift set in red & he bought the pink. It was too late to return once Christmas rolled around. Another time I was recuperating from surgery, I gave him a sample packet of Cotz sunscreen & the lady gave him a pale color shade, which I am, but wanted the other version. Oh well, he tried. During my recuperating he also bought me Super tampons, too, which I wanted regular. He thought "super" meant better, ha ha.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa,   Your husband is a keeper.  If he will pick cosmetics up for you he is a good guy.  Not many hubbies would do that.  Tell him I think is No. 1 in my book!  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@HarpaI know my husband would go if I needed something. We live 60 miles from a Sephora and I had our son stop to pick up some foundation one time. He was single and when he got here, he told me that I could send him any time because those women there were so pretty and sweetWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DH never goes to WalMart and he goes to the grocery store once a year. He did just mop the floors, does that count?

Respected Contributor

@Harpa  He sounds like such a sweetheart. ♥

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Believe me! DH is not the type!! (I mean, to fool around at cosmetics!)

But he did get just what I asked for! I told him exactly where to look! But I didn't know the names of the shades, and didn't want to take the time to try to find them on-line.

Last night we had a healthy discussion about shades of color, and the main color topic was red! So, he was very reticent because he didn't want to pick up the wrong thing.

Now, that is sweet!

Anyway, I was staying put so I could get my sewing done. I promised my DD to make her 5-yr-old DD a pilgrim dress for Thanksgiving with all the trimmings (hat, apron & collar). Just have a finishing touch to go and I'll finish it up tomorrow!

Our DHs are gems, aren't they?

Honored Contributor

@Harpa Sounds to me like both of you are gems.I bet your granddaughter will look adorable in her pilgrim dress.

Honored Contributor

My DH never went to buy make-up for me, but years ago I didn't wear a lot like I do since I became aware of QVC.  He was great at choosing fragrances as a gift for me, and jewelry too.  Also, wonderful at mopping floors and helping with cleaning.    I miss him every day.