Honored Contributor

Re: Just Sent My Husband to the Cosmetic Counter!

@Daysdee wrote:

My DH never went to buy make-up for me, but years ago I didn't wear a lot like I do since I became aware of QVC.  He was great at choosing fragrances as a gift for me, and jewelry too.  Also, wonderful at mopping floors and helping with cleaning.    I miss him every day.

((((Daysdee))))

@Daysdee

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've sent DH a few times and I write down EXACTLY what I want  (and find a pic online to SHOW him)and tell him to look for a lady working in the store and ask her to help him find it (for his wife at home). They are usually so surprised they are happy to help him out......and I get exactly what I wanted.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

My husband goes to the supermarket more often that I do.  I sometimes think he goes because he's bored and wants to get out of the house.  I can't remember that I ever asked him to pick up a cosmetic for me.......... however, my husband takes care of an old couple who live in a retirement home.  He takes them to all their doctor appointments and, every Wednesday, does all their shopping for them.  They give him a list and he goes to Walmart and Kroger to make their purchases.  He's told me he has to buy Cover Girl makeup and face powder for the wife on a regular basis, plus moisturizers and cleansers.  He's OK with it.  

@Harpa, I'm glad your husband came home with the right thing!  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo

I would have been perfectly fine even if he had come home with something blue!

@Daysdee

Awww!

Respected Contributor

I think that's great that he did that for you! My husband would probably try, but I don't think I've ever asked him. To answer your question about Wet N Wild I like the PhotoFocus concealer, but not the foundation as much. I also like their eyeshadows, I have a single in Nutty that I like.

Respected Contributor

My husband is great at buying jewelry and fashions but never ever would I trust him at the cosmetic counter. :Woman LOL

Occasional Contributor

I have the sweetest most helpful DH! He used to buy all his ex-wife's makeup and became friends with the saleslady at the Clinique counter. I haven't asked him to buy me any makeup, but he would absolutely do it without hesitation.

He doesn't like cleaning, grocery shopping, or doing laundry, but he does all these things often to help me out.

What is very funny is that I have two grown sons, ages 20 and 24, and they wouln't mind either if I asked them to get me any makeup item, whether at Sephora or Walmart.

My 20 year old is a "tough looking" tattooed, big-hair, long-beard type and dresses all in black in Heavy Metal themed clothing. He's a straight A college student and a manager at a retail store. I once asked him to pick me up an eyelash curler at Target. I gave him a full description of the item, brand, and location. He went, looked it up, sent me a picture to make sure that was the right one! I can only imagine MY SON looking as rough as he does, looking for an eyelash curler at a cosmetic's aisle in Target! Bless his heart!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't ask my husband to go cosmetic shopping for me just like he wouldn't ask me to go shopping for caulking, anti-freeze, oil, etc.  LOL  It would result in a bad outcome on both ends. 

The only time DH went to a cosmetic counter was to get me a Chanel fragrance for Christmas.  But never color cosmetics or skincare items.

I love Wet N Wild shadow trios and their polish which I use on my toes.  Other than that, not been a huge fan of what I've tried.