QVC Community

Re: Just Received the Eve Pearl TSV

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Blingqueen does the medium look very light though?  I was debating between the medium and the tan as I am a light olive italian complexion.  I was so unsure but went ahead with the medium and I'm hoping I chose correctly. 

The Medium will be ideal for you. You may go more towards the Tan in the summer months if you get a lot of sun. We're so excited for you to receive your Collection. 🌸 Don't forget to write up a review on our page. ❌⭕️

Respected Contributor

I rec'd. mine today in Light (and I'm a lt./med0 and while I will order the Med for later Sring/Summer, the light matches me perfectly now.

The quality of the foundation and concealer is excellent, but feels like air on the skin. I just used a more sheer face for today. The lipstick is a lovely mauve shade. creamy perfect lip shade for everyone I think. No skin irritations,thankfully.

I really like the brushes and the makeup application w/them.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. I recommend this product.

Respected Contributor

BTW-instructions are in the foundation box. Really fairly simple to apply.

Trusted Contributor

@maestra wrote:

I rec'd. mine today in Light (and I'm a lt./med0 and while I will order the Med for later Sring/Summer, the light matches me perfectly now.

The quality of the foundation and concealer is excellent, but feels like air on the skin. I just used a more sheer face for today. The lipstick is a lovely mauve shade. creamy perfect lip shade for everyone I think. No skin irritations,thankfully.

I really like the brushes and the makeup application w/them.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. I recommend this product.

@maestra I am a light medium too, and the "light" shade of the medium compact is just a teeny bit lighter than my skin tone.  Almost a perfect match to my jaw.  So I do like the medium (deeper shade) so that I don't look pale and chalk is, but I can see using a bit more of the lighter shade right now.  It's pretty forgiving since you can blend out the shades, so I am happy that I ordered both sets, and absolutely plan to keep them.  The lipstick is perfect on me - a your lips but better shade so I'm thrilled to have two of them!  

I am very happy that I got these on auto delivery.  This is the first I've tried this brand and now I want to try more of her products!

Trusted Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

I got my medium kit and wore it today.  I am really, really impressed with this makeup.  Everything in the kit is a winner for me so far and a very different quality than I was expecting. The lipstick is fantastic.  It isn't a "stain" but it didn't wear off and I still had pigment on my lips 5 hours after applying it.  It isn't too dark for me which I was afraid of.  It's actually a perfect color for me, as is the blush.  I'd call the lipstick a "rosebud" shade and the cheek is very nondescript on my medium-warm skin....nondescript is a GOOD thing in a blush for me Smiley Happy

I wear a light medium in most foundations.  In It Celebration I can wear a tan sometimes, but in Tarte Amazonian I'm a perfect medium....I am throwing away my Tarte foundation after trying the Eve Pearl.  This foundation is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way.  It isn't cakey at all, which I think is due to the lack of sunscreen.  It is a "fine" cream if that makes any sense, so you can blend it to the thinnest layer and still have coverage.  I can't really explain it - it is unlike any foundation I've ever tried.  I was outdoors and looked in the mirror and it truly looked like I had perfect skin with no makeup on.  I have large pores, oily skin with flakey patches, acne scars and redness around my nose.  Usually foundations with good coverage (Tarte, It CC) look very heavy on my, but is does not at all.  If is stuff doesn't make my skin break out, I'm hooked!  I'm knocking on wood here, because my skin is very sensitive and it's only been one day so far...

I like the brushes, and don't mind dual ended because I store them flat in my drawer.  They are nice brushes - synthetic and soft. I personally think that the medium is a tad dark for me, and am looking forward to using some more of the light from the light kit.  I am glad that I purchased both kits because I think that I am right in between the two. 

Overall, I'm pretty wowed by this set today, and will wear it for the rest of the workweek to make sure that it is truly as good as it seems.  The foundation is just so different.. it would actually make a great concealer on its own since it is so pigmented and non-greasy.  A teeny dab will cover any blemish.  Love it. 

Thank you Msshopper - this sounds PERFECT for me and my complexion - what a great review!   I am just as you say - can wear TAN someimes in the IT line but definitely a MEDIUM in TARTE's foudations (or even light-medium).  I see my order is out for delivery today so I will see it when I get home from work this evening.  Looking forward to playing with it!  Thank you again for taking the time to review here!  Enjoy yours!

Esteemed Contributor

Ewwww, I'm so mad I did not get this. I was really tempted and thought it looked so good, but I didn't get it. Thanks for all the reviews. The kit sounds perfect for me, and I'm gonna get it.... 

Honored Contributor

I received my medium TSV today.  The jury is still out on this one.  I like the consistancy of the foundation as it is not drying at all.  The medium looked like it would be to dark for my skin tone but after blending it I was pleased with it.  I really like the brushes they do a great job of blending everything.  The blush is really pretty on.  The only thing that I really didn't care for is the lipstick.  It looks like it is a muted shade of pink but when I put it on it was kind of bright on me.  I really did like the concealer as that blended well and wasn't cakey on at all.  

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

My Q order shows expected delivery date 2-29. The tracking shows not found. Last purchase from Q the tracking showed not found. It was still not found after I received it??? Why does my tracking number start with a 7? I thought USPS tracking numbers started with 9?

Add either a 92 or 93 or 94 to locate your package at USPS.com.

Thx. I just checked it again & still shows not found. I put 92 in front of the tracking # & it shows delivered yesterday which it was. Who Knew? Why does the label not have that on there?

Honored Contributor

I received mine yesterday & used it this morning. I recorded the midnight show so I could watch & apply. I was watching & going back & forth to the bathroom to apply it. LOL!!! Now I've got it. It's so easy to apply & looks really good. I never had a problem with my makeup being a different color then my neck. I hate to wear makeup but wear it when I leave the house. I wanted to start using less makeup & thought why am I buying this. This was less makeup for me. I generally order medium. I have lots of red no olive so I went with light. Love the blush colors, concealer & lipstick. I do like the brushes. I don't have dark circles under my eyes so I have never really used a concealer under my eyes. It gives me the coverage I need without feeling like I'm wearing heavy makeup. I thought it would be greasy but it's not. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

My Q order shows expected delivery date 2-29. The tracking shows not found. Last purchase from Q the tracking showed not found. It was still not found after I received it??? Why does my tracking number start with a 7? I thought USPS tracking numbers started with 9?

Add either a 92 or 93 or 94 to locate your package at USPS.com.

Thx. I just checked it again & still shows not found. I put 92 in front of the tracking # & it shows delivered yesterday which it was. Who Knew? Why does the label not have that on there?

So, you haven't received it yet? Or you did get it?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼