Valued Contributor

Just Purchased Pink Nail Gel Special Value!

Saw this on QVC and always wanted to try it.  You get 2 of the pink nail gel conditioner and then 3 colors of the same product.  It's a two pay of $17 and I thought it was worth a try.  I have trouble growing my nails because they start to break.  Has anyone else used this?  It has mostly good reviews!  Have a great week-end everyone and congratulations to all of us for trying our best to work with this new forum this week!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Purchased Pink Nail Gel Special Value!

@virgosun wrote:

Saw this on QVC and always wanted to try it.  You get 2 of the pink nail gel conditioner and then 3 colors of the same product.  It's a two pay of $17 and I thought it was worth a try.  I have trouble growing my nails because they start to break.  Has anyone else used this?  It has mostly good reviews!  Have a great week-end everyone and congratulations to all of us for trying our best to work with this new forum this week!!!!!

Do you mean this set?

pinkgelcoat.JPG

I LOVE Pink Gel Coat, but I was really unhappy with the three colors. They went on very streaky for me. If you do like the Pink Gel Coat, they have a TSV coming up that's got a full-size Pink Gel Coat, a full-size Powder Pink, a full-size nail oil treatment, a cuticle pusher, a fantastic glass nail file, a nail clipper, and a cute carrying case. I can't remember what day it's on, but it will be $39.96. I've been using the same glass file from a previous Pink Gel Coat set for years and it's a great file. The TSV is a good value, even if I don't want the Powder Pink polish.

I love Pink Gel Coat because it really does make my nails look nicer and healthier if I wear it alone. My favorite trick is to use it under a sheer polish and it makes it look like I have a great French Manicure without any effort. It's good stuff. It tends to get thick over time, so you may also want to pick up a bottle of nail polish thinner so that you can use all of your Pink Gel Coat and not have it get goopy when you still have a third of a bottle left.

Respected Contributor

I'm ordering it! Been wanting it for a while!
Valued Contributor

Yes this is the kit I ordered today.  Hope I will like the new colors.  Like they say, I can always return it!

Frequent Contributor

The TSV will be on July 21st.

Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I watched the preview and the polish looks great.  However, I read the reviews and alot of them said it flakes off right away, it made their nails peel???? So if you have used this product can you shed some light on the value of this polish.  I really appreciate any input you girls have.

Honored Contributor

I've used this for a while.  It works great if you are consistent in using it.  I'm not, but working on it.  I haven't tried the colors.  They seem to get a ton of bad reviews after a tsv.

Esteemed Contributor

What do you mean when you say consistent? Once a week or more?

Thanks-

Frequent Contributor

I have been using Nailtiques 2  and my nails are in great condition.  I was thinking about trying the upcoming TSV but a little scared that my nails will peel.  I have great results with nailtiques... my nails never peel anymore.  I also believe that oils are equally important to having nice nails.  I like this upcoming TSV kit.  I might take the plunge and try it.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered this kit, needing a nail treatment. 

Sorry to say, it's terrible. The reviews that say the brush detaches from the clear polish? Yep. Mine did that the second time I used it. The finish on the clear pink is matte. Did it say that anywhere? 

The blush (opaque) polish goes on streaky beyond belief and never dries correctly. 

The other items are fairly nice: the case, the clipper, the oil and the file but that isn't worth the almost forty five charged for it. 

It's awful. I'm in need of something to prevent nails from peeling and splitting, but this is SO disappointing. Worst thing almost ever bought from QVC.