Respected Contributor

Re: Just Purchased Pink Nail Gel Special Value!

Try Citra #2 or Nailtiques
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree, don't like the pink gel but both Sally Hanson Hard as Nails and Nailtiques 2 work for me very well.

they both just give a very nice gloss to your nails. I will say the Sally H does last longer on for me, full week without chipping.

I had very weak nails plus they would peel, not a problem anymore but I have been using this for over 5 years now.

Respected Contributor

Now the brush is detaching from the one useful polish--the clear. I have to pack it up and send it back, what a nuisance. I'm really annoyed that QVC thought this was a good product. Where's the Q, let alone the V in this?

Respected Contributor

I have always had great results with Perfect Formula, it brought my already good nails to great. The kit was like a gift! I love mine! Sorry to hear that others are not so thrilled.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I also just purchased and received the Perfect Formula kit: great pink case, nail tools, oil, clear pink gel coat with pink tones, and the pink bllush. It was a good value. And YES, yesterday the brush on the gel coat separated from the lid.

First, this has happened on my Sally Hansen products also. It happens. Easy to fix: just take a bobby pin and poke it back. Also, avoid screwing the cap on too tightly.

As to problems applying the color (streaking complaints), it just takes a while to get the hang of it for ANY polish. It's not the polish, it's the technique. I've had problems with nail polish and it took awhile to figure out that how much is on the brush matters. Watching the models apply it helps.

We all want better nails, less upkeep. I appreciate the more natural look and long-enduring effect of a natural color. Don't get too frustrated over the unavoidable or regularly occurring across all brands events. Breathe.

Honored Contributor

I bought it last year when Q had a TSV. I love the pink gel coat but cannot use it. The pink gel would start peeling about 3 days after I applied it. Part of my nail would also peel off. Took almost 6 months to get my nails back in shape. No more peeling.

Respected Contributor

I don't doubt your experience, but really wonder why? What's the variable? Hmmm.

I wore it last week for 5 days, perfect. Took off, one day rest, then reapplied, now on for 6 perfect days!

Honored Contributor

this system doesnt work for me......i found out the LAST time that they had a TSV. the polishes peeled off and chipped so easily. the hairs on some the brushes were askew so i could not get a clean stroke. havent tried it again. they did give me a partial credit for the brushes that were messed up . my nails definitely have a better look when i use OPI, butter london, zoya, and china glaze.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein

I've tried it twice now, and my nails are splitting and cracking worse than when I wear regular nail polish.  Don't work for me.

Trusted Contributor

Yay!  I hope you love your set Virgo!  I like the Perfect Formula gel colors because they last for so darn long!  I get much longer wear from Perfect Formula colors than any other nail colors I use.  I don't use the Pink Gel Coat, just the colors, but I'm happy with them!  Sometimes I have to do several coats but it's worth it for the long wear.  I order different colors from their website than what's available here at the Q.  They have one called "Dazzle" that's a beautiful, slightly-shimmery pink that I particularly love.