Honored Contributor

Just Applied My First Pair of "Demi Whispies" by Ardell

My first quesition is...do they make a Demi Demi Whispie???  Personally, I love the flair but I'm thinking it might be a tad too much for errands and I don't want to look like a 60 year old clown Smiley Surprised  Second, what have I done wrong if I can "feel" them on my eyes.  I put on a pair of Kiss (that were even more dramatic) last week and couldn't feel them.  It may be glue issues.  I must have had beginner's luck last week.  Had some trouble putting these on today.  The positioning looks fine (I think).  Everything is down tight at the ends but I can see them in my vision and I feel them.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Just Applied My First Pair of "Demi Whispies" by Ardell

@monicakm wrote:

My first quesition is...do they make a Demi Demi Whispie???  Personally, I love the flair but I'm thinking it might be a tad too much for errands and I don't want to look like a 60 year old clown Smiley Surprised  Second, what have I done wrong if I can "feel" them on my eyes.  I put on a pair of Kiss (that were even more dramatic) last week and couldn't feel them.  It may be glue issues.  I must have had beginner's luck last week.  Had some trouble putting these on today.  The positioning looks fine (I think).  Everything is down tight at the ends but I can see them in my vision and I feel them.  

Yes, sort of. Smiley Happy I don't like the full strips, so I get the Individuals and use them to fill in spots or add flair to the outer corners.

You can trim lash strips, too. You can cut them into smaller sections and only apply on the outer corners or you can cut the length of the actual lashes, if you need to. They're yours to customize. You're still going to see and feel them until you get used to them, the same way you would acrylic nails if you went from very short nails to nails with tips that extend past your fingers. I wear glasses and false lashes can be too long and rub against my lenses with every blink. One more reason I focus on the outer corner or trim the length.

Here's what the Ardel Individuals look like:

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness, I just couldn't go to that length to put on lashes, but thanks!  After doing my hair (bangs below my eyebrows), the rest of my makeup and lipstick, everything came together and I'm giving them a thumbs up Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@monicakm   They do feel heavy until you get used to them. I never could. A little tightlining and an extra coat of mascara is all I want to do. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - would love to see a pic of your eyes.  Can you post one?

Esteemed Contributor

The one time that I wore false eyelashes, was for my dad's memorial service.

I don't know if I didn't apply them correctly or not, or if the glue wasn't water-proof, but I can attest that they did not stay applied through tears.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I don't have them on right now.  Got mom's approval today tho.  The new lashes and PF eyeshadow palette has been a hit.  Love how blendable the eyeshawdows are.

Capture.JPG