Super Contributor

Re: Juliana Marguiles, dare I say it?

On 8/27/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 8/27/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 8/26/2014 kcubed said:

It is great to be thin, healthy and toned, but as a thin woman gets older, her face really begins to age earlier than a woman who is slightly overweight. I recently saw a lady who I have not seen in 5 years or so. She is in her early 50s. She has always been thin, in shape and had a super toned body. Her body looked great, but I couldn't believe how she had aged in the face. She looked a good 10 years older than her friends who have always been slightly overweight. There comes a time in a woman's life when she must choose to be thin or to look young.

Ridiculous generalization. Rationalizing being overweight to maintain facial contours is laughable.

I agree. It is true for some women, but it is not true for all women.

Plenty of chunky over 50's out there who have no facial contours either.

It is so true.

Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 8/27/2014 SoftRaindrops said:

It is great to be thin, healthy and toned, but as a thin woman gets older, her face really begins to age earlier than a woman who is slightly overweight. I recently saw a lady who I have not seen in 5 years or so. She is in her early 50s. She has always been thin, in shape and had a super toned body. Her body looked great, but I couldn't believe how she had aged in the face. She looked a good 10 years older than her friends who have always been slightly overweight. There comes a time in a woman's life when she must choose to be thin or to look young.

Ridiculous generalization. Rationalizing being overweight to maintain facial contours is laughable.

I agree. It is true for some women, but it is not true for all women.

Plenty of chunky over 50's out there who have no facial contours either.

Very true.
Honored Contributor

The older & more mature I get, the more I care about health.

A Handsome Heart, Vixen Veins, Lovely Liver, Beautiful Brain...and Cute Capillaries!

A wrinkle here & there doesn't factor in to my plan...wish more people would see that.

Super Contributor

On 8/27/2014 sidsmom said:

A Handsome Heart, Vixen Veins, Lovely Liver, Beautiful Brain...and Cute Capillaries!

A wrinkle here & there doesn't factor in to my plan...wish more people would see that.

wrinkles and face contour have NOTHING to do with being healthy. It is society that put such issues in the forefront. It is not unhealthy to age naturally... it is unhealthy and unnatural to have plastic surgery, get injections of chemicals into your face and gain weight just to have "facial fat".

Valued Contributor

On 8/27/2014 Trix said:

I should refrain from this, but as an older woman who is thin, whose face never gives away my six decades (age) to those who don't know, but I do not get regular Botox and other cosmetic treatments (surgical or otherwise), your post offends me. To make such a generalization is as bad as those who toss around phrases like "she should eat something" or "she must be anorexic."

Trix .. yes!! You are so right. I also found that comment offensive. I am 55 and have been very slender all my life. When I am out with a relative who is 15 years younger than me (and is morbidly obese due to a true eating disorder), I am always assumed to be the younger one. My slender build and thinner face features are healthy and well toned and never, ever show my real age.

Honored Contributor

On 8/27/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 8/27/2014 sidsmom said:

wrinkles and face contour have NOTHING to do with being healthy.

That's what I meant when I said "a wrinkle here and there doesn't factor into my plan". You could have a smooth, beautiful face & body, but if your insides & veins are clogged with gunk, the outside package is so secondary.

Respected Contributor

No way. She looks fine to me.

Trusted Contributor

She looks fine to me. It takes some killer dedication and work to have muscles like that.