Respected Contributor

Re: Juliana Marguiles, dare I say it?

I think she looks quite healthy & beautiful

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch but from the pictures I wish I had her talent for being thin. I work so hard and never seem to make it happen. I think she looks beautiful and fit.

Respected Contributor

On 8/26/2014 glmama said:

I agree, wackers. Anorexia is a medical condition. It's so easy to throw around these words, for all of us. For those that have suffered with an eating disorder or those that have known someone who has had anorexia, I bet it's hard to hear this term bounced around.

ITA or any similar disorder. Anorexia like most other eating and substance disorders are outward symptoms of underlying problems. The underlying problems are usually heartbreaking and tough to deal with.
Respected Contributor

I agree, wackers. Anorexia is a medical condition. It's so easy to throw around these words, for all of us. For those that have suffered with an eating disorder or those that have known someone who has had anorexia, I bet it's hard to hear this term bounced around.

The best way to help people who suffer from eating disorders is to learn about them and to NOT bounce the terms around.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 uumom said:

The best way to help people who suffer from eating disorders is to learn about them and to NOT bounce the terms around.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

Excellent response! Yes, it's a serious medical issue, not to be taken as some joke. The OP has admitted in other threads that she has issues managing her weight, so now we understand her intent for this thread. For some it's easier to start threads demeaning another woman rather than tackling their own body image issues. Lots of good info for her in this thread.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 hulagirl said:

Here we go again.......anyone who is thin gets a comment, but if someone is fat, nothing must be said because that makes you a horrible person to mention it. J.M. looked beautiful. Someone like Melissa McCarthy (and quite a few others I see on TV) are getting bigger by the minute, but that's not to be spoken of. It seems that if someone is thin, the comment is made out of concern for their health, but if you mention that someone is getting bigger by the minute, it comes from just being mean. Frankly, there's no difference.....just another double-standard.

OMG .... if someone started a thread that Melissa McCarthy is TOO FAT ..... people on here would LOSE THEIR MINDS ....... {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Gals .... just want to point out that Los Angeles is having an unusually HUMID summer .... and if you have hair that frizzes (or whatever) .... severe, pulled back hair is probably the best way to go if the photographers are all over the place ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

I didn't think anorexic but I did comment to my husband how thin she was and I didn't realize she was that thin.

Trusted Contributor

She is gorgeous, but I would have also preferred a different hair style.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

I think she looks fabulous! In post #27 you can see she clearly works out and is lean.